The Lure Forums banner

Photo's

977 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Marq 
#1 ·
Have tried post photo's but with no success, all get when trying to download pic's is your file of 1.74mb bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 195.3kb for this file type, can anyone help

#4 ·
Hi Colin

Simons article than Mark refers to is a superb tutorial on photobucket that helped me enormously, however, my PC and photobucket dont get on! It locks up and refuses to do much so i tried Flickr and found my PC didnt object to that site.

Adrian is right in that photos need to be resized (smaller) as the originals are too big - in default they are too big for the page and too large a file size hence the need to resize.

You dont actually post the pictures from either Photobucket or Flickr - just the link. You can play with your post and pictures by reviewing your post before you actually submit it. That way you can see what the finished article and pictures will look like before you 'press the button'.

Reactions: Mike Hayes
#8 ·
I use a similar thing from microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
About half way down on the right hand side you will find "image resizer". Download this.
Next, go to the picture you wish to use, right click it and in the list of options (near the top of mine) is "resize". Click on that and then choose which size you want to make the picture.
Rather than changing the orginal picture, it makes a copy of it in a smaller size. This way, your orignal is left "unharmed" by the experience.

Hope this has been of some help to you

:)

#11 ·
I use a similar thing from microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
About half way down on the right hand side you will find "image resizer". Download this.
Next, go to the picture you wish to use, right click it and in the list of options (near the top of mine) is "resize". Click on that and then choose which size you want to make the picture.
Rather than changing the orginal picture, it makes a copy of it in a smaller size. This way, your orignal is left "unharmed" by the experience.

Hope this has been of some help to you

:)
andy this one is not compatable with anybody with windows vista .

#13 ·
A really really simple way to resize is to use MSPaint which is installed on all Microsoft PC's. You can reduce the dimentions of the picture so it's readable on the forum and as a side effect it will also reduce the file size. There is a hit in quality but its acceptable.

Browse to the picture on your PC
Right click on the file and choose 'Open With'
Select Paint

Windows 7 and Possibly Vista:
Click on Resize on the tool bar
In the resize section make sure percentage is selected
Change the horizontal and verticle to a smaller but exactly the same figure and click OK
i.e. Horizontal 30 Vertcal: 30
Click on the File menu at the top left and choose Save as...
Save with whatever name you want (make sure you do give it a name though as you risk saving over top of the original image) and select save as type as JPEG.

Windows XP:
Click on the Image menu at the top and select Stretch/Scew
Change the horizontal and verticle to a smaller but exactly the same figure and click OK
i.e. Horizontal 30 Vertcal: 30
Click on the File menu at the top left and choose Save as...
Save with whatever name you want (make sure you do give it a name though as you risk saving over top of the original image) and select save as type as JPEG.

As mentioned bfore, you will loose some quality in the picture, but it should make it a sensible size and still be perfectly viewable on the forum.

If it is still too big in file size., when choosing Save As.. Save as type: GIF, but expect the quality to drop a fair bit more

#16 ·
Hi Colin After trying for hours using all the suggestions on the forum i have found the only way for me is to adjust your camera to 1mb So use the lowest setting Or use your phone to take pics if the camera on it is only 1mb Frustrating isnt it I know how you feel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.