The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Can someone recommend a lake/ pond that you can cast a lure or possible the fly.

I'm look for a spot that I can pop down to for a few hours after work or on the weekend.

Thanks

Dafydd

·
Registered
268 Posts
There is Clay lane trout fishery. just off the main mobbley to Knutsford road about 1 mile from the bird in hand pub. Going towards Mobbley. Its fly only and only small about two acres in size. I've not been there for about a year but it use to be ok for a quick few hours. Anything you need to know give me a bell. There is one more place but cant remember the name of it. Its though Knutsford on the way to Alderly edge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I have fished Lymm dam before, but that was with bait in winter so I might give it a go, Dave I have never heard of Clay lane trout fishery, where about is it and does it hold pike?

·
Registered
63 Posts
the big lake lake in tatton park used to always produce the goods it used to have pike matches held there during the winter months.not sure now but used to get a day ticket on the bank.lymn dam as already said is always worth ago,ive always done well on the church side.other waters not to far from you and worth ago are shackley mere,carr mill damn,pennington flash another good place if you fancy a drive to leek is ruddyard lake,used to always fish well and the baliffs were pike anglers themselves which always helps. plenty others out there but most are run by clubs mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts