The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to bosh for the first time last friday and managed 2 small pike and a shed load of perch. Also managed to loose 3 pike :( but not a bad session for a lure fishing beginner.

Started out from my house at 7.30am with dad in tow on the 1.20hr journey to the lakes.
The weather at home was very bright, sunny and warm so i thought it was going to be terrible pike fishing conditions however when i got down to the lakes it was over cast and very windy. Not ideal but not too bad.

After buyinb our day tickets we set off around the first lake, fishing every swim that was fishable, due to the large amounts of weed.

3rd cast and i almost had a heart attack, this pike came from now where to destroy my lure. My dad scrambled like a headless chicken ( he was more excited than me) to set up the net.

Turned out to me a small one but a start none the less.

We soon made our way around the rest of the lake, where i had a few follows and a lost fish. Then decided to switch to a small spinner near a water inlet and proceeded to catch a few small perch - brilliant fun!!

Ended up walking around all of the lakes, was knackered by the end due to the tackle bag weighing close to my own bodyweight. Lesson learnt - i was taking way too many useless crap!.

and just to prove that im not a blanker

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good effort Llyr, Bosh will produce bigger fish than that, just get there and target them, the 8 arch is the most consistant :wink:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it was at the 8 arch that i lost one of them, the biggest pike ive ever seen :(. pretty annoying especially as i could see it after it came off.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
yeah it was at the 8 arch that i lost one of them, the biggest pike ive ever seen :(. pretty annoying especially as i could see it after it came off.
Patience, Patience, Patience that's all it needs :wink:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Good to see it paid off your long drive over, Llyr. Got to love the Bosh....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Llyr.........Glad to see you connected with a few fish...:-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts