The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkng of this topic to be used to show a mark of yours (hopefully as disguided as possible) and get others to tell you how they would fish it.

My mark I'd like advice on is hopefully not too recognisable to local people (Tiddler and Hawthorn excluded, come up here this summer), but even if it is recognised I haven't really fished it yet and have not had a Bass to date from here. It's one I picked out recently and although I went down for a few sessions, the water was filthy and cold so I wasn't expecting anything, but it could be usefull next summer.

The images start from the left (North East) to the right (South East)

I've circled the casting position on the second and third picture, the rocks below that you see in the other pictures are about a meter down at high tide and the water will be at your toes. So you have a depth of probably 30 cms to two and and a half over the reef, probably a meter at your feet.

The edges of the reef are about a six foot drop down and I will try fishing them at low water, but as the first ten feet surounding the rocks are proper thick heavy kelp I'll just be trying surface lures and weedless plastics.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Does look like a nice spot do you have much fishing time there before the tide comes in or is there other spots you can drop back into. Ive bought a few sp's this year to try a few new methods and also they arn't as expensive so your not as warey about chucking them into the heavier kelpy marks. Gonna have a lot more sessions this year covering more ground as last year I was just finding a mark and spending the whole session there. We will have to have a few sessions out together.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tiddler said:
Does look like a nice spot do you have much fishing time there before the tide comes in or is there other spots you can drop back into. Ive bought a few sp's this year to try a few new methods and also they arn't as expensive so your not as warey about chucking them into the heavier kelpy marks. Gonna have a lot more sessions this year covering more ground as last year I was just finding a mark and spending the whole session there. We will have to have a few sessions out together.
What you talking about................more sessions out this year............I've got you penciled in for baby sitting duties while I'm out! :muttley:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Haha if you have a boy mate i will teach him how to fish for you :aarrg: I draw the line at baby sitting though :lol:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keith White said:
Is there any current ?

Looks a nice spot.

Yeah, its at the end of a fairly large surf beach. To the south end of the mark there is a fairly large channel that allows the current through which then curls around the end of the rocks visavle at low water. Won't be anything like the current and tide you get though, our tidal range here is about 5 meters.

Tiddler said:
You will get about two hours either side of low water when it looks like it does in the photos. I was more thinking of fishing it an hour either side of high water so the rocks in the photos are covered. At low I will still be giving it a go but probably only with weedless soft plastics and surface lures as the kelp is so thick on the edges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts