The Lure Forums banner

Please Read.........

529 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  martin h 
#1 ·
Theres a new computer virus in circulation, its called ' Security Tool ' and is basically a menace to all who get their system infected with it. This one has infected alot of systems worldwide, I have personally heard of at least 32 cases here locally.

It causes multiple system error messages, and virus infection warnings. It prompts you to download the fake antivirus software to remove the infection and asks you to pay for the program with your card details to completely remove it. This software is fake and all they want is your card details.

This software is classed as ' rogue antivirus software '.

Users have been infected even with reasonable anti-virus protection on their systems, be sure to keep your browsers upto date and not to click on unusual links or prompts relating to viruses. I have managed to remove this virus from multiple systems now.

I will offer help to anyone that needs it in relation to this issue, pm me if you get infected by this, and I will help you out.

#5 ·
Mike,
This ones been around a little while and is still making itself a damned nuisance. I saw some one get it on their computer and until you manage to get it off it drives you wild.
You obviously know your stuff if you've removed it from other peoples machines as it is a bloody pain to get rid of. A bit of a funny one as well...some not so highly rated virus / spyware / malware removal software don't even recognise it as a threat.

Thanks Mike nice to know some one has knowledge of this stuff and can help.

#7 ·
Rob,
Unfortunately in some cases that's exactly what they want you to do. As long as that software is one you trust and wasn't on the list of those that automatically popped up for you to buy you haven't been conned.. Glad to gear you got it off okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.