The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick report and sadly no pics to accompany the thread.
Yesterday I couldn't get away from work early enough for a fish and thought I had missed something special when speaking to Shaun on the phone last night. He took 7 bass and a gar and lost several fish all on his trusty sluggos and his patchinko 100.
I was massively consoled to find out I had won the LRF kit in the birthday giveaway (thanks **** and Nicola). Today at work all I could think about was getting to the same spot sean nailed em as soon after I clocked out as possible.
On arrival the steeply angled sandy beach was very calm with plenty of cormorants around. On went the patchinko2 (fish finder) and had swirls after my 3rd cast. Vicious hits but no hookup. Swapped onto the patchinko100 and had so many fish boiling up and hitting. Took 4 on the 100 then changed on to my SLD-F which was smacked straight away. Shaun showed up and was straight into fish on the sluggos. The SLD-F accounted for a further 4 fish before changing to the Rudra SP which took 2. By this time the sun was down and light fading rapidly so swapped onto an xlayer in glow white with 5gm jighead. Twitch retrieve back and got hit by another. The next cast had a tapping take and it didn't feel very big but got it in and to my surprise it was a whiting.
Sadly I had to leave after this and would of wanted to stay and fish well into dark.
So 12 bass at close of play Shaun taking 4 himself ranging from 1lb-3lb. Funny to think that my most productive session would come in November.
Looking forward to the Cornish Bumble.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Good to hear Luke. Bodes well for the bumble. Looking for someone to show me the ropes with the sluggos etc. You volunteering? lol. See you at the weekend

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Luke! Best time of year this...! :)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Damn you Luke!!! :lol: I cant wait until Friday, I just might have to leave for Cornwall now!! :-D

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice fishing Luke! Got to admit, a little envious after 4 blank sessions. See you down the bumble mate.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning session Luke, well done :clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts