The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped out for an hour or more over high this morning for a nice refreshing blank, but did learn a chunk more about LRF now that I could see the rod, line and lure working in daylight.

While playing with the lure and different retrieval techniques, I got to thinking about adding more vibration to it and started plucking the braid with my index finger just in front of the reel. This sent a lovely shudder right through the rod and when the breeze dropped and sea movement was minimal, I could see the vibration being carried right down to the water - likely right down to the lure I guess.

I may have got some interest in the lure at that time - the only nibbles I got all session - though I'm not 100% sure as they were very slight.

Anyone else tried plucking the line like this? It's not something I've come across being mentioned (not that I'm extensively read on the subject ;) ).

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Neil,
I have started to shake/vibrate baits on the bottom when targetting fish , have to say Mike K is the master though-When he was doing it the other night, I thought he had snuck a zonk on to the end of his line. I think it would have to help fish finding the lure. Jury is still out, but well worth keep trying it as see what types of fish respond to it.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think I mentioned in another post that it's possible to feel a short mono leader vibrating on it's own caused by the flow of water past it. I try to avoid that cos I think it scares the fish. but maybe a rythmic or occaisional vibration would act as an attractant?

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
What about putting a small attractor blade up the line from the soft plastic, a bit like a small flounder spoon as an added means of getting lethargic fish to be a bit more aggressive & competitive to grab the sp??????

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm not sure about that gadget Tom, have you tried one? I dont like the way it makes the line feed onto the reel at such a steep angle, I wonder if it would effect the line lay on the reel?
**** I agree with you, never tried it just posted for other info, would be secptic myself tbh

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I had an hour yesterday late afternoon, could see the fish circling the lure(grass minnow - paddletail). All they'd do is follow it unless I shook the rod or line, making it jerk - It was only at that point they'd have a go at it.

The thing is, that until I did that, I didn't even get a knock on the line and if it wasn't for the fact that it was daylight I wouldn't of known there were so many fish around the lure and been able to try some different things to provoke the bite.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I had half a dozen up to about a pound last night. Best retrieve by far was slow and steady with a constant vibration going down the line. Have had it work loads of times actually :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts