The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question to the membership,
yet again i am looking for a lure (or several)
shallow running less than two foot, ideally a foot
100mm or less
Ideally as slim as possible.

I have Tackle House Feed Shallow 105, Dice BayCrap90,Duo DC-9, Daiwa Chugger minnow10, but still looking for something similar.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Check out the Ultimate Fishing 2010 catalogue. A few interesting smaller lures in there. Was on the phone last week to **** ordering a few..... but can't remember what they were without looking in there!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob,
Didn't know Tacklehouse did the shallow K-Ten in a smaller size-definately one i will add to the box.

Mark,
Order already in with Oriental angler-but there annual holiday is slowing things up.

Iestyn,
No it doesn't have to be a hard bait-But I am not overly confident with softies-If you have an idea of an ALMOST idiot proof soft lure. I would be interested.

Mike,
Spoke to **** yesterday, like you i will be emailling a shopping list to him shortly, Some very nice lures in the new Ultimate catalogue.

Any more ideas??

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Joe,
That is the sort of thing I am looking for, just need to upgrade the hooks and split rings.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm
Some very good lures there Dave,
Tiemco's floating vib I can think of several uses for-especially as it is a second gen vib-swims in a "S" as well as vibrating.
ZipBaits System minnow 9F & 11F in the tidal version is just what I am after-very shallow, casts well, no rattle- but getiing them is a pain as the good colours go out of stock so quickly,
Evergreen Honesty is a bit bigger than I am really after, not a lure I have heard much about or seen the action of.
The Riprizer again is alittle larger than I am really looking for, but I have heard very good things about them from a couple of the members on here.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers Joe,
The last couple of those are spot on, will check them out.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I like the flash minnow 95 too, I was surprised how far that little thing cast - official line from the website though is that it dives up to 2 feet but I'm sure if you hold the rod tip up a bit it will stay up a bit higher.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Harold/Chad,
I have to agree about the Flash minnow 95, it is a cracking little lure. I think I mentioned that to you Chad the other day.
I have to say the Vision 95 does look good too.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rob F,
I have looked at them several times, should almost be perfect. But having had a chance to fish with one. They are pretty dead in the water, hardly any action unless you crank it to silly speeds. Shame as some of their lures (sasuke 95/105) are crackers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts