The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to get out in my mate Charlie's boat yesterday (tiny thing! little ally dinghy). On the north coast of Cornwall. Flat as a witches' tit it was! Bit windy and chilly mind. Motored up to Perran sands, and drifted back to Bawden rocks. Did a fair bit of plugging, got bugger all! Charlie reckoned the water was too clear for any bass. We did get 6 keeper cod (all around 2lb/3lb) and a gurnard on baited feathers though! got about 10 in total but a few went back. Not a totally wasted mission. The old boys back on the slipway were impressed that we cuaght cod, apparently it's not that common round here? Charlie had a couple of haddock on saturday too!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well done on the Cod and especially your mate getting into the Haddock!!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Tom there seems to be plenty of Cod all around Cornwall at the moment. I hear they are being caught in most places. Fowey river has plenty being taken after dark as many as 20 per angler over a 5 hour session most in the 2/3lb range. I think they are after the sprats that are about in numbers at the moment also. Well done on a cold trip out anyway.

·
Registered
716 Posts
So good to hear of cod on the north coast - we used to smash them on big SW gales from places like Newquay headland, Flat Rock up the Camel etc. Such fun, those were the days !!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Seems those days may be back at least for this year. I'm hearing of good catches in the Tamar and up as far as Laira Bridge on the Plym. Last time I heard of them that far up the Plym I was fishing with my Grandfather and he's been dead for 25 years!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts