The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With reports of lots of feed in the water,good water clarity and one or two fish falling to bait I decided to have a go with the plugs and plastics last night.Conditions looked perfect but despite giving it my best I blanked.
The session wasn't a waste of time though it gave me chance to try some new bits and pieces and fine tune some rigging techniques plus it was great to be back out.
It shouldn't be too long up here before we see the fish switching on to the plugs n stuff

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Unlucky on not landing a fish Andy, but those types of sessions are never a waste. You'll have picked-up experience that will serve you very well when there are Bass feeding infront of you :D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Andy, no session is a wasted one !

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hi Andy....Now the weathers changed for the better on the east coast things are beginning to move a bit. Got a call from my son last night 9 Bass to 3 1/2 lb, 3 Smoothies to 4 lb and a Codling just under 2lb from near Withernsea...All on peelers but there's plenty of fish now moving inshore to feed on the crab.

We are still getting lots of red weed down our way are you seeing any up there?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Was out up my way last night as well. Water was really clear with a nice little chop. Everything looked perfect but not a sniff. Were only just at 9 degrees water temp but it's supposed to get a bit warmer this week. Shouldn't be too long now.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Try a peeler Pete...at least you'll know if they are about and maybe get some confidence from that.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Me and Hawthorn have had a few lure sessions now but no Bass. Had around 20 follows the other evening nothing over a pound, think they may have been coalies. Think bait is still the best option at the moment I had 4 bass to 1.5lb all on rag last week.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Andy....Now the weathers changed for the better on the east coast things are beginning to move a bit. Got a call from my son last night 9 Bass to 3 1/2 lb, 3 Smoothies to 4 lb and a Codling just under 2lb from near Withernsea...All on peelers but there's plenty of fish now moving inshore to feed on the crab.

We are still getting lots of red weed down our way are you seeing any up there?
After the last blow a week or so back there was quite a bit of kelp on the beach at Redcar but apart from that there's been nothing.
Can't work this weather/seasonal thing out my mate had some big edible softies at the weekend which are early to say the least.
Weekend saw some good catches of codlings and some early mackeral from the local inshore boats so things are improving,just need a few bass to switch on to the plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts