The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well met up this morning with Kev, Neil and Andrew the temps were well below what they have been htough still full of hope after a few fish this week.
Got to the chosen mark that has been produsing wraase a pplanty over the past months and no sooner had i and neil abandoned the cars at the top of the hill and jumped into Andrews fishing wagon.
Down to the mark itself, so tackled up and full of hope, step onto the rocks and a blizard descends on us, i couldnt only just see where i was going to reach a deep water section. Soon subsided thankfully, then on with the fishing. Thought hd a bite though not too sure now. S omove all over the rocks and nothing to show for it.
no choice change to the other bay and try our luck in there, stood watching the water and a single fish swirled and iapeared into the deep again never to been heard from again. Covered the whole bay with sp's and hard plastics htough nothing.
Continued and covered the shallows nothing again. Ok enough is enough now so call it quite drop Kev back to his car so he could set off.
Though as with any session there were positives more than enough to make up for lack of fish.
Met neil and kev properly realy nice to meet you guys this morning and shall have to do it again when the weather warms a little.
A pre season warm up for oceans four well (oceans 2):-D hope this isnt a sign of the year to come:-o
With a higher current today the drop shot rigs werennt as effective as calm days, so swapped to a carolina roog and no losses at all!:shock: this was a first down here.
Andy got to play with his new lrf rod and i am very taken with it myself. Watching just how far a :shock:cormoran carbo star will fling a bent minniw was something to behold.
And best of all great company.

Following this i thought i would wander to the other mark i considered for today anf after lsiding down the hill nothing again same marks that produce all the time though nothing showing at all.
So off to a back up mak i was watching the remaining mullet in on the way home and no mullet:sad: not a good sign all fishing drops off for me when i dont see mullet around in the winter. So it wasnt just where we were today but other places too. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries mate organize something for when the weather warms a little more and do it again with fish next time.
Realy good to meet you mate.

tight lines:|

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well did i really travel 200 miles just to blank again well yes i did :cry:.everyone back home telling me not to go you must be mad:-o.due to a change in plans left gloucester just after 12noon sat fully prepared for a journey of around 4/5 hours:sad:.arrived in newquay 2hrs 45mins later great start:-D wheres all this chaos i thought :shock: so i managed to get the things done nice and early meaning i could get a good nights sleep before setting off early for the arranged meet with mike sullivan:-D.woke up early loaded the car gave mike a ring just to say im on me way:wink:.travelling across to plymouth i came across the route 38 diner and thinking to myself the last time i was in there i went on to catch :-D:-D.so quick as a flash i nipped in for a east coast breakkie :-o.right then lets get this show on the road and over to the pre arranged meeting place to be greeted by mike:-D.after pleasentries had been exchanged we chated a waited to see who else was mad enough to venture out in this snow:shock:.didn't have to wait long before neil then andrew turned up for a four man mini bumble:wink::wink:.off we set arriving at the top secrect mark only to be greeted by a very slippy looking road :cry:.we would have to walk but no andrew decided that him being colin m'crae we could load our kit into his car and he would drive us down :jump::jump:.to the water we arrived and after a tackle convention:lol:we then got a great talk by mike of where to fish and what we should be doing (i don't think he knew who i was :-D:stupid:).well start fishing we did looked really good then again everywhere im taken does :???:.try has i might with weedless megadong hazedong thingy and a couple of other sp's nowt not a twitch:cry::cry::cry:must be me but was comforted by the others when they said the same thing nowt !!!!!.mike then said lets move so over to a loverly looking bay must be fish here::clap:.i decided to give the hard stuff a go something i feel i have a little more confidence in (dont know why only caught 1 bass).casting here there and every where shallow deep i feel i gave it a bloody good go but again nowt:cry:.stayed on a bit after the departure of andrew and neil to guys i would love the pleasure of fishing with again thanks guys very glad to of met you both:-D:-D:-D:-D.no joy so me and mike called it a day yes i BLANKED again and i felt sorry for mike because none of us caught and i really do think he had high hopes:???::bangin:we then realizied we then had to walk back up to mike's car which was at the top of the icy road :rollineyes:.got to the car signal on phone kicked in people back home wanting to know if i was safe bless them.rang me dad only to be greeted by laughter in the backgroud when i told him yet again i had BLANKED :oops:mike then dropped me off and after a quick shop in sainsbury i dashed back to gloucester to quickly bore you lot with the tail of the one that got away :-D:rolleyes:.mike i would like to thank you for your time and effort today and i am very honoured to have you as a member of "OCEANS FOUR ".:-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mate even though the fish wouldnt play ball, it was a great day with a few laughs and slips thrown in for good measure. Your right i would have bet my left testicle that at least one of us would catch today though wasnt to be.
Im going back on thurdsay for a revenge session in the deep water where i started off again. Was brilliant to meet you mate, Remeber i said when we got to the rocks if you fish out there, then be hyper sensable about the tide as it rushes in? Well me playing away and forgot didnt i was wandering back with andy and it was flooding quickly, as you saw on the way back when it floods your under 30ft of water!!!
Must do it again though, glad you got back safe mate.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Well done chaps, setting the tone for our team's season! ;-)
Seriously, well done on getting out, assuming it's near as cold as here you did well braving it! :clap:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Unlucky guys. I'm with Si and I'd be blaming it 100% on Kev being there personally!! :D

Reactions: kevin pugh

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well done for getting out. Was going to go out yesterday - one look and I knew it was a blank day, so stayed in for browny points:D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts