1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pollack Wrecking Friday 18th March 2011 *DATE SET*

FRIDAY 18th March BOOKED

WE ARE GO FOR FRIDAY - CONFIRMED WITH THE SKIPPER

I am proposing a Pollack wrecking trip using new skool light line and techniques ... I have fished with Noel on the Aquavitesse a few times before - excellent skipper and very comfy boat with plenty of room ... will take 8-10 anglers without issue and goes out of Brighton Marina;

http://www.aquavitesse.co.uk

Boat Cost = £550 / 6 = 92 ea as it stands with 6 of us ... more peeps = less cost so please ask around if you can!
Deposit is now down so the boat is booked - please see you PM for details

I will update this thread with tackle and kit to bring so we have options (always a good idea!)

3 SPACES STILL AVAILABLE!

My best Pollack with Noel is a smidge over 17lb ... on 12lb boat gear :) (yup thats your TLD5 **** in the corner!)

Skirvy Crew;
Alex
Mike Kennard
Vidar
Andrew Walker
Andy Mason
Jon B

Tackle to bring
All jigging / light / SP tackle to try - thin 8str braid would be best

Paddle tails / Straight tales and jigheads 30-100gms

15-25lb flouro for leaders and hooklengths

Standard 6/12/20 boat gear either FS or Multiplier if you have it

15-30lb braid mainline

Sidewinders / Redgills / Jelly Worms - variety of colours (I like black alot!)

Variety of 4 - 8oz streamlined bombs (lead weights lol!)

I have some spare booms and terminal tackle

Wet weather gear just in case

Take your Sea Sickness pills the night before and in the morning if required!

Camera

Fish bag as more than likely its Pollack n Chips for tea!

Max depth is around 65M - this varies 30 - 45M average

LRF gear a possibility if we want some Mackerel sport!

Time on Dock - 7.00AM for 7.30AM departure SHARP(if you get there early rig up!)

What I am taking;

Injection 73M + Rarenium 3000 with PE1 light setup for upto 30gm jigheads
Kenzaki Braid 6-12Lb + Twinpower 4000SW PE2 medium setup for upto 130gm jigheads
Suveran Pro 12-20Lb + TLD5 PE2 for flying collar upto 8oz

Sidewinders 6" in various colours, Madness Motherworms & Fathershads, Redgills, Delande GT Shads, Sayori Shads, One Up Shads and Metal Jigs

Booms, leads, swivels, flourocarbon 10 - 40lb, hooks, electricians tape, weighing scales, FISH BAG

I have plenty of most stuff to share if you get stuck for bits :)

Parking

There is a large multi story car park 5 mins walk from the boat - and a mcDonalds too :)

Head for West Quay Brighton BN2 5UF - near the Pagoda Resturant:)

Will update this list as I think of extra things... Brighton.jpg Marina.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Alex,
With short hair!!!!!

Good boat, with a excellent repuation. Keep me informed Please

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I too are up for this one.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Alex, I would be keen on this. I usually get a couple of days out of Newhaven each year after cod and pollack, be great to sneak an extra one in. Happy with weekend or mid week.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Andrew, Vidar, Don't forget 11th / 12th March is the Pike Bumble at Bosh and you both have your names down for that ! Sorry for Hijacking Alex :p

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
No worries Steve, my word is my bond (RIP Arthur Daley!), I am looking forward to the pike and so hopefully the dates wont clash with Alex's trip and if its mid week, everyones a winner!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Alex, my experience of pollacking in the English Channel makes me think that March is maybe a little early. April is considered the best for drifting lures over wrecks. It is for me without doubt the best fun when boat fishing in the UK. My best is 16lb out of Newhaven. Depending on the depth you may be able to go quite light with gear - 12-15 class boat gear will mean good sport even from sub 10lb fish. I can't commit as it would be a 500+ mile round trip but for those that haven't done this type of fishing, then I would highly recommend it - they go like trains!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Would Definitely be up for this one. Abroad working until the 10th but if it's after that then stick my name down for sure if you have space.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
If it could avoid any clash with Steve Lewis's Pike Bumble on the weekend of 12th March!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts