The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a difference good tide nice conditions but no fish well not quiet true I did manage a fish around the 4lb mark whicj took one of my home made soft plastics. Why have the bass disappeared today have they heard that Trev is on his way here

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where have they gone Kev every mark I know was empty on the South East for me had to move further around the south

·
Registered
519 Posts
not 100% sure, but i think it's mainly to do with the big influx of cuttles, maybe can't / want to compete for food, or maybe don't what to get harassed by them, only seen 1 bass all night sitting inbetween some weed waiting for the flood, spooked another on the drop, with the conditions, i would of expected to of at least seen a few/heard some bass or hooked up.

kev

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Fished some lovely moving water with Callum and Ritchie last night but only one pollack. There were cuttlefish attacking the lures, which I found a bit strange as there was a fair swell and normally they aren't keen? Must take a squid lure out next time.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
went out st quen last evening saw a few bass following lures but no hook ups ,none of the favourite marks worked.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've had quite a few this week, including one of 8lb 9oz.

Nice tides and strong winds this weekend, can't wait! :D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Where the Feck have they all gone.......My liver won't take 3 long nights in the bar.......:cool::cool::cool:

Not worried plenty of time left 'til the weekend....Better put a couple of bottles of malt and a case of beer in the car....;-);-)

Just in case....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Out with Nick in the yaks yeaterday at Seymour managed 9 between us but all small nothing over a 1lb but at least the sun was shinning and the sea was flat

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I was bust up by a big fish last night. My own fault, I didn't realise there was such a swell running so only took the light gear. Gutted!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I went out all day yesterday, took Nathan Bell and his brother Bob out. We managed 3 bass, a few wrasse, a few gar and a pollack. It was really hard work, there wasnt even any follows or rises. Bob actually had a 5lb'er on a belly weighted Slug-Go, it was a great bit of angling and a joy to see how he did it. I am sure Nathan will but up a catch report when he gets home. Nice lads the pair of them, good anglers too.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
The weather looked sweet ****. Did you do the bottle opener?
No mate I slowed down and had a look but decided to try the mark where that bloke cut us up and fished for mackerel! Bob and me had done it recently with Swim Senkos and had a few fish there, but there was nothing there yesterday. I fished some good ground yesterday, nothing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts