The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be of interest to Jersey anglers thinking of venturing towards Seymour, Derek Buesnel has just spent the day on the east side of seymour tower looking for fish. He could only find 2 fish and the biggest being around 2.5lbs. Derek describes the water as very cloudy indeed.

Almost to the point that he could not see the reefs under the water. We are out tomorrow but more southerly so we shall see what that brings. But only 2 fish on a spring tide in October does not bode too well

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Think how hard it'll get in 5 or 10 years Alan.

We were heading out that way tonight really late.
Maybe we'll reconsider and head more westerly.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were going to venture out down there tonight but Derek tells me the east side of seymour is so cloudy I think it would be better as you say westerley

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
The mouth of La Hocq gutter could be great wind against running out tide as towards slack the drift would be dead slow.

Nice big area to sit and ride out the turn at anchor too swinging soft and hard lures.

I'd be out there on the skish if we could rely on the weather and sea conditions but, a little volatile right now.
You can run faster outta there in a boat.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am now resigned to sit watching telly tonight and go at 0930 tomorrow so if you could post your catches from tonights trip on the forum befoe I go it may give me a clue.If the forecast is too bad tomorrow I will have to find some sheltered spots to use my homemade soft plastics good luck Keith

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
No worries Alan.

I'm taking a fly rod out so am really just fishing for those special fish that lie on certain ebb tide heads and constrictions.

No cuttlefish trouble then ?
I think the spawn is over and they dissipating.

We had a spell last year when the cuttles backed out before the proper Bassing came good.
In fact, it's all setting up for a productive Bass Festival. It's a crying shame it's on a full moon but hopefully, it'll be raining and miserable by then...

fingers crossed for decent westerly winds and overcast conditions between now and then to keep water temps up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts