The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,got 2 weeks at Poppit Sands 1st week of July.Was hoping someone
might be able to advise on local venues.
Does the estuary there fish well?.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Graham, lots of good marks all around that area. The estuary itself is something of an enigma to me i.e. I know it holds fish but I haven't sussed how to catch them! You can find good fishing to the south all the way to Fishguard (Newport, Dinas Head, Cwm Yr Eglwys etc) and North all the way to Aberaeron. Try contacting local anglers on here e.g. Alun Parry, or the local guide, Tim Harrison (www.sea-bass-safaris.co.uk). Either way, it's a cracking area and there are bass on most of the beaches in the area.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
No problem, Graham. Don't overthink it - get a good O/S Map, cross reference with Google Earth and if it looks bassy, it probably is! One note -with the exception of the the estuary mouth/bar which is best accessed from the Poppit side of the Teifi Estuary, you may do better fishing from the other (Cardigan) side around Gwbert.
If you get stuck, PM me, Alun or anyone else who fishes up there. Do try Tim Harrison if you can afford a trip with a guide though. He does fly & lures....

·
Registered
647 Posts
i doo most of my fishing around the cardigan area, and there is plenty of good fishing. i'd be more than welcome to show you around ..of give you directions to some of the marks i fish.

keep in touch

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i doo most of my fishing around the cardigan area, and there is plenty of good fishing. i'd be more than welcome to show you around ..of give you directions to some of the marks i fish.

keep in touch
Thanks Alun,I'm doing my homework at the moment as I've never been to the area before.
Hope to speak soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts