The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if anyone can help but a friend of mine has a cottage in Port Isaac that the family and I are borrowing it for a week in early June. I get a few days on my own before the family arrive and needless to say, i will have the gear with me and want to take full advantage of the freedom. Anyone got any recomendations about marks, tides and favoured weather conditions etc for that area? I am not after those secret marks that locals have spent years learning just some general advice would be great!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Apologies dimentia kicking in again.....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
My parents live just outside the village, so I'm quite often over there - although less ofter with a fishing rod than I'd like. There are a couple on here from roughly that area, so hopefully they may be able to chip in. Its a hard area to fish actually as there's usually a lot of walking involved between marks. I'd happily meet up with you for a day over there if you want any company.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
It's in Cornwall, Trev. Not Ireland. You plonker! Hehe :muttley:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben be careful what you promise as you may end up with me glued to your side!! Many thanks and we can speak nearer the time.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Haha. Always appreciate some company - doesn't happen very often. I don't think there is a photo in existance that has me AND a (saltwater) fish. Billy no mates me :-(

PM me before you head down and we'll sort something.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Trev, the thought was there! I didnt relaise there might be two Port Isaacs!! Thanks anyway

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi Andrew.
I stayed in Port Isaac for a couple of days back in October, unfortunately had no time to get the rods out, looks Bassy around there though.
Very interesting driving down through the village, extremely tight road and fun if you meet another car coming the other way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts