The Lure Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be spending a few days near Portsmouth next week whilst the misses is doing a course. Don't know the area at all, but would like to get in a session or two.

I'll have my daughter in tow, so rock climbing is out of the question. Long walks aren't a problem, though, as she can be packed on my back.

Haven't checked tides yet, but my fishing window will be between 10am-4pm.

Any suggestions for marks would be much appreciated. We're based in Waterlooville, but I don't mind upto an hour drive if necessary.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Simon,
You could try Hayling Island...Head for the ferry turn left at the bus terminal / pub car park and drive to the bottom of the parking. Keep walking south to the south west corner of the island. The channel produces and also out of the channel on the corner of the beach there are lots of moving sand banks so worth a try. Fished with bait last time and didn't catch but a small open boat about 100 yards into the channel was catching lots of Bass. Corner with sand banks looked very fishy. Can't say I've used lures down there but got to be worth a throw if no one else answers your post.

Reactions: Simon Mountjoy
1 - 2 of 2 Posts