The Lure Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying the 8ft model Picked the rod up and it feels just right Was wondering if anybody has used one and how do you rate them Any feed back appreciated THANKS

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got the 9ft one, and I think it's pretty damn good, (however yet to catch on it). Pulls weed covered lures back ok lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Marq,

I notice you live in Cornwall and was wondering where you had a waggle of the new Daiwa? i like the look of it myself.

Cheers

Ry

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ry, sorry to divert from the thread, but are you the fella who does all the surfing and went croc hunting on the Isle of Wight a year or 2 back? Used to post on another site?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ry I bought the rod today from Exeter angling Looks and feels perfect Phone them ask for Ian Think you need to pick one up before you buy though

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cheers Marq will have to take a closer look at those. Have you happend to see a concept spin along the way? just wondering as those are my top 2 at the mo and iam looking to buy asap
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Marq,
Have you used the powermesh yet? what is the action of the rod like and what size(weight) lures do you think it would handle up to comfortably as I'm thinking of getting one.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the slow reply Have used the powermesh a few times now Nice rod Dont think it would handle much more than 28grm but would handle light lures of 10grm nicely Have fished it with diving lures surface lures Copes with both quite well Its a little bit tippy but then its a lot lighter than i am used to Very pleased with it though

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Mike The model is 802MS Nice rod for the money Time will tell as to whether it will handle a large Bass but i see no reason why it shouldnt

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi Mike The model is 802MS Nice rod for the money Time will tell as to whether it will handle a large Bass but i see no reason why it shouldnt
It's quite a step down (weight wise) than your previous rod mate, but I'm sure as soon as you get used to it you'll be bullying them out on it. Next week hopefully! ;-)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are right about the weight Ben It is a lot lighter I have all year to practice with it though he he Its going to take a while before i can guess the size of a fish before landing it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts