High Vis Yellow
Moss Green
Phantom Red?

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Personally, I like high-viz yellow in most situations and especially when fishing soft plastics where enhanced ability to see the line can greatly improve your chances.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have used 10lb or 15lb Moss Green for years, I really like it although it does "bleach out" not long after first using it. Good gear.
BTW I always use a 20lb F/Carbon leader uni knot to uni knot then generally tie my lures on using a loop knot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
White is my favorite color. I never found it in physical stores here em PT, and the price of the Power Pro 300 yards spool is a joke in my country (almost 50 euros).

So I order from the USA.

I also use the hi-vis yellow and moss green, but I never noticed any difference between them, but the white one doesnt loose color as fast as the green one for example.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
The 'new' PowerPro thats comming out is available in Blue,it also comes with a splicing kit for leaders etc.
Cant remember where I saw it :rollineyes: :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
I used moss green (0.19) all last season. No probs with it at all. I've got nothing but love for power pro. If I was to buy some more i'd go for the high vis yellow and a lesser bs. Thousands of casts with my power pro last year and not one wind knot or snap offs. Only lost plugs due to my own stupidity

Gawd I hate losing plugs. Even if I was a millionaire I'd still kick myself every time.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Bassorama said:
I used moss green (0.19) all last season. No probs with it at all. I've got nothing but love for power pro. If I was to buy some more i'd go for the high vis yellow and a lesser bs. Thousands of casts with my power pro last year and not one wind knot or snap offs. Only lost plugs due to my own stupidity

Gawd I hate losing plugs. Even if I was a millionaire I'd still kick myself every time.
I can honestly say mate that as you have found I have never had even one wind knot or problem when using PP .23 and.28.
This is the main reason why I havn't gone for a thinner braid,even though I can obviously see the benefits of thinner diameters etc. :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I bought a spool of each this year in .23. My lad had first choice so he has the red, and I will probably opt for the HiViz Yellow on my primary reel and the Moss Green on the back-up spool. If I notice any difference between them I'll report back. Using 3 feet of fluor as a leader means fishing should be unaffected but the ability to see your line should vary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.