has anyone had problems with the lock on their certate..last few
sessions it seems to be slipping intermittantly..it is very annoying..iv only
been using it a few months..should i return it to daiwa and where is the b
best place to send it or is it a simple problem that can be fixed..any
advice wud be great..thanks.. ****

·
Registered
268 Posts
Personally, I would send it back if it isnt that old. Iwould start with the company I bought it from. If they are not interested, then I would contact Daiwa direct and see what they advise with where to send it etc.
I know that some may say "oh if you do this ad do that, you may well fix it", but if it cost you a fair amount of money, you dont want to go doing something that would mess up the warrantee for yourself.

Good luck with it Micheal.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Morning Micheal. Not sure what you mean by the 'lock' :?: Could you clarify that please :?:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Whatever it is, if the reel is relatively new, I would first speak to the dealer. Then as previously suggested Daiwa themselves. They are expensive reels so it should be working without any problems. One of my Certates is six years old now and faultless so far.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
certate 3000

Morning Micheal. Not sure what you mean by the 'lock' :?: Could you clarify that please :?:
hey simon,
its the anti reverse lock...sometimes it disengauges and lets the
lure freefal when casting..or if u pause on a retrieve and jerk the line flys out
even tho the antireverse is on...i suppose the easiest way to explain is if u
flick the anti reverse off and try fishing with it...but then today i fished and
had no problem..its a strange one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Certate 3000 / 4000

Hi Michael, Hope you are well. My Certate 3000 has been back to Diawa UK twice now with the same problem which is an intermittent grinding when the anti reverse is off and guess what....................... its just started again a few sessions after the last repair. I am at a loss, the reel is not being abused there just seems to be an inherant fault. My 4000 has developed a metalic noise also which has not responded to lubrication. My new 2010 3000 is running fine but has had little use so far. ho hum :-(

·
Registered
268 Posts
Until this thread, I was considering one of these reels. No more!!

Michael.
Reading your last comment, I have a picture in my mind of you retrieving slowly, pausing, twitching your lure and line paying out, off of the reels spool. Are you holding the handle or not at a time when this happens??
I gotta ask, sorry mate. I cant really imagine reeling in, pausing etc and taking my hand off the reel handle when twitching or jerking the lure. If this is happening when you are still holding the handle and line is paying out, then I dont think its the anti reverse at all. This sounds more like the gearing has just been thrown into "neautral". Either way, for what you must have paid for the reel, I would advise getting it back to wherever you bought it from and if uits still under guarantee, then make it clear that when it comes back, you want it returned fully working. As it should have been right from the start.

This now drags into "guarantee world".
"Guaranteed as 'whatever'. If it develops a fault, then we will repair or replace as we see fit."
Trouble is, with something like a reel, you dont want to be stuck with it either in the repair shop or repeatedly needing to go back there. Is there a standard limit to the amount of times a company can "repair" a product before you have the RIGHT to demand they either replace it with brand new or give you a full refund?? Whichever option that YOU, the customer, chooses?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the heads up dave..looks like its off to daiwa then with it..its very dissapointing after so much positive reports
on these reels..not to mention the 350 euro it cost..i found it brilliant until this problem emerged recently...il see how it
goes..in the mean time its back to the technium 4000...thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Until this thread, I was considering one of these reels. No more!!

Michael.
Reading your last comment, I have a picture in my mind of you retrieving slowly, pausing, twitching your lure and line paying out, off of the reels spool. Are you holding the handle or not at a time when this happens??
I gotta ask, sorry mate. I cant really imagine reeling in, pausing etc and taking my hand off the reel handle when twitching or jerking the lure. If this is happening when you are still holding the handle and line is paying out, then I dont think its the anti reverse at all. This sounds more like the gearing has just been thrown into "neautral". Either way, for what you must have paid for the reel, I would advise getting it back to wherever you bought it from and if uits still under guarantee, then make it clear that when it comes back, you want it returned fully working. As it should have been right from the start.

This now drags into "guarantee world".
"Guaranteed as 'whatever'. If it develops a fault, then we will repair or replace as we see fit."
Trouble is, with something like a reel, you dont want to be stuck with it either in the repair shop or repeatedly needing to go back there. Is there a standard limit to the amount of times a company can "repair" a product before you have the RIGHT to demand they either replace it with brand new or give you a full refund?? Whichever option that YOU, the customer, chooses?
hi andy,yes i do hav my hands on the handle on retrieves and line does pay out and also when im about to cast.. the lures just falls to the ground..how annoying is this? **** p.s thanks for the advice

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am not an engineer, so just posing a possibility... it sounds like a problem with the anti-reverse bearings. Unless you got a faulty one, that should only be a problem if the reel has been dunked and the bearings are corroded. If the reel is new, then take it back to the shop. If its old or bought 2nd hand, then a thorough service and maybe some new bearings?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts