The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've made some progress in the right direction!!

The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society (GBASS) has now introduced a Lure trophy to it's annual prize list. Just waiting for full detals but that's hot from the AGM last week.

This opens the path to a lure section in the Open Festival. Don't hold your breath for this year though... Us Donkeys are slow and funding is hard (apparently there's something called a recession out there, not me or mine luckily I guess).

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good news for next year then Andy, would like to do Guersey :clap:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more progress...

A Lure section cash prize has been offered to the club in charge of the open comp and the committee are going to consider at their next meeting.

Will keep you posted ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great news,

I will try to get over this year and just lure fish the Bass comp.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Liam, there's at least one UK member (Wayne aka Sharkbyte). But the fishing has to be Guernsey (Herm, Lihou etc, Not sure if Sark counts but the herm cup now runs all year for best fish in Herm, it wasn't won last year but it was only a week long then). The rules might have that stuff in them, they're on the website.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bobjameson said:
Getting better by the hour Andy .. maybe you miss judged your fellow Donkeys for being slow ..
A good move in the right direction though .... :lol:
They just need a shove and some cash.

Hopefully, if you build it, they will come!! That's what I said anyway...

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I've booked time off for the Gsy comp this year. Liam will you be camping again (staying in a tent I mean)?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just hope the committee approves it. Can't see why not. Think they meet monthly. In any case, Lure fish are likely to be in the top positions for shore caught unless the conditions are absolute pants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts