The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last night for a combined session. LRF lost 2 - 1 to bait in fish count but 1-0 in fun count.

I got out my firefly and using a small spitshot trapped on the line a size 8 and a pink trout bait I tempted a 4-5" pollock. I think this is my smallest yet. Amazingly on the firefly this little guy felt a bit sporty, you have to love super light rods. After beating the blank I went back up in the lure size to tempt something bigger but no takers. The fun part was seeing the little guys chasing my first offering then finding one they would bite.

I took a Scad + Mackerel double shot on the bait rod but until the last minute could not tell if I was in or had a lump of seaweed.

So bottom line lure fishing is more fun when you are catching.

Oh can you tell I am happier today :)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Nice report Jeremy :clap:. I invested in an LRF set-up from **** on my recent trip to Jersey, i just need to get out there & christen it now :D.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Nice report Jeremy :clap:. I invested in an LRF set-up from **** on my recent trip to Jersey, i just need to get out there & christen it now :D.
What did you get in the end Si ?

You are dead right btw Jeremy. Lure fishing LRF vs bottom rod fishing with classic British equipment ? A no brainer. Lure wins hands down for fun.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
What did you get in the end Si ?
Shimano Diaflash with the Rovex 2000 reel, some of that Varivas 0.3PE pink braid, and some Tenryu 6lb Fluro.

Thanks for all the advice out there - it helped a lot with the decision making :clap:.

Im sure the set-up will serve me well :D.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Shimano Diaflash with the Rovex 2000 reel, some of that Varivas 0.3PE pink braid, and some Tenryu 6lb Fluro.

Thanks for all the adviced out there - it helped a lot with the decision making :clap:.

Oooh...
Proper LRF stuff. Impressive Si.
You'll do well with that rig I think.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Nice one Jeremy! We loves the firefly! Just about any fish feels a bit sporty on an LRF setup, makes the plugging rods feel like clothes poles!

Thanks for all the advice out there - it helped a lot with the decision making :clap:.

Welcome to the light side Si! :idea:

·
Registered
323 Posts
when i come over to jersey some one can try my 1-2kg rod with 4lb sunline yoused for h/b to 5grm then see how hard the fight is it is good fun on light gear but but you have to fish harder as you dont want the fish to be to exhausted when released can you spin in the damm forgotten the name valley ???

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
No spinning for Trout in Jersey Freshwater.

However, There are residual Trout in some of the Coarse freshwaters along with some pretty BIG Perch.

·
Registered
323 Posts
thanks kieth will work out if it is worth bringing a fly rod have cut my gear down to 6 rods for the trip will send gear by it's self first to a safe address lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts