The Lure Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. First post and new member so pretty basic question. Anyone know a good place to get patchnkos/xlayers etc? Also, if you had €100 to spend on lures for SE Ireland bass what would you go for?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hi Ronan and welcome to the Forum. Try **** Ward at the website below or PM him, I'm sure he'd be glad to help. You won't go wrong with a Patchinko or Xlayers mate and I'm sure the lads will be along with thousands of pounds worth of lure suggestions later.

http://www.mrfishjersey.com/

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi Ronan, welcome. My choice would be,
1 Patchinko (topwater)
2 z-claw (topwater)
3 Maria chase Holo silver (shallow diver)
4 Duo Tide Minnow SLD 125 Sandeel (shallow diver)
5 Tackle house feed shallow (I've not caught on this on yet, but will this year ;-) )

Good luck, I'm sure there's many more choices. I think I'm up to about 30 plugs so far, not including the suitcase full of softies lol.

Gary

·
Registered
716 Posts
Ronan - speak to **** at Mr. Fish, he will sort you out.

SE Ireland - my favourite place on this earth........if I could only take a few lures, these would be them - all proven killers in SE Ireland

1. Xorus Patchinko - surface - speak to ****
2. Tackle House Feed Shallow - shallow diver - speak to ****
3. MegaBass Zonk 120 Gataride - shallow/medium diver - if I could only carry one lure in SE Ireland, I reckon this would be it - speak to ****
4. Maria Chase BW, holo silver - speak to Veals Mail Order, medium diver
5. MegaBass XLayer. Ayu and whitek - soft plastic - speak to **** and ask about jig heads as well
6. IMA Komomo SF125 - ultra shallow diver, speak to Veals Mail Order
7. Tackle House Nabura Deka 30g casting jig - **** has these

I could go on, but any of these will smash fish for you over there.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Morning Ronan,
Welcome, What I found effective last year from the shore on the Wexford coast was:

1 Patchinko
2 Tackle house feed shallow
3 Duo Tide Minnow SLD-S 145
4 Duo Tide Minnow SLD-F 145
5 Xlayer on a 12g jig head

What part of Wexford are you from ?

Danny.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ronan, i once heard of a man catching bass off the surface with a carved carrot!!!! lol

Google henrys fishing tackle. They have a shop in dublin, also online and delivery service. If you go in der the lads are sound and they know their lure fishing, just dont bring in too much money wit ya because its like a little treasure cove in there!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Apologies, forgot to mention Henry's Tackle Shop - met the lads at a Dublin fishing show the other day, holy cow they know their stuff, and they also have a fantastic collection of lure fishing products. Plus they know that coastline well..............

·
Registered
262 Posts
An honourable mention to Southside Angling in Dublin too. They have rejigged the shop and now have a 20ft by 7ft wall dedicated to bass lures, all of the above mentioned included. It's like an alladins cave of greats stuff!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Morning Ronan,
Welcome, What I found effective last year from the shore on the Wexford coast was:

1 Patchinko
2 Tackle house feed shallow
3 Duo Tide Minnow SLD-S 145
4 Duo Tide Minnow SLD-F 145
5 Xlayer on a 12g jig head

What part of Wexford are you from ?

Danny.
Hi Danny, I'm from Wexford Town myself - well I'm originally a Dub now living in Wexford. Seems to be a fairly common thing. Saw a lot of your catches last year on another website - nice work!

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Have a few plugs already and a selection of soft lures for irregular sessions but figured i'd try taking my fishing a bit more seriously this year and go kitted out properly. I know what you all mean about staying out of tackle shops - dangerous stuff. Thought if I gave myself a budget I might actually stick to it online.....we'll see...

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
An honourable mention to Southside Angling in Dublin too. They have rejigged the shop and now have a 20ft by 7ft wall dedicated to bass lures, all of the above mentioned included. It's like an alladins cave of greats stuff!!
Dave from South Side has been on the phone to me asking about all kinds of lure related stuff, the guys in there are dead keen on stocking the stuff we all crave so fair play to them, good attitude and willing to take a punt. Like Jim said the bass down your way do seem pretty suicidal on most lures so seeing you dont have to buy many you might as well buy some good quality ones......god I'm good ha ha ha :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
One good lure not to be missed out on is old kilty catcher;-) cheap as chips as well which is also good in my mind:-D

·
Banned
792 Posts
@Tom: I like such lures for seatrout. Like these:

hansen grej flash 28g
snaps gladsax 18-30g
spinnex flash 16g
falkfish thor 18g

or such

falkfish Spöket 18g
fynbo 15g
eitz wobbler 28g

cheers
TOm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.