The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...having a great laugh and all of us have had big specimen fish in our days but somehow where like kids learning all over again with this mega light gear, I love it....
I saw this in one of ****'s posts and it reminded me of an incident on a nocturnal trip with Keith and Kevin the other night. We were fishing a little spot I must have fished many dozens of times before I reached even 10 years of age.

I was laughing at how much fun it all was and I think it was mistaken for laughing AT what we were doing. But actually I was having that much fun I couldn't contain myself.

Now that's quality. Forget the fish, I was de-stressing big time. A great tonic and no, we didn't get the target fish but tomorrow's another day.

That's LRF for me. Fun. No machismo, just a crack in the middle of a heavy week at work and some fresh air.

This thing has got legs, not just from a serious angling perspective, but from the fun angle. I hope we can spread the word.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Totally agree Paul, met some great guys and have had a laugh with the LRF, though had the wind and humour knocked out of my sail's the other night with a user, operator error resulting in rod malfunction. Bugger. Will rename myself "jamo the rod slayer".

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Totally agree Paul, met some great guys and have had a laugh with the LRF, though had the wind and humour knocked out of my sail's the other night with a user, operator error resulting in rod malfunction. Bugger. Will rename myself "jamo the rod slayer".
Awesome !
Totally agree m8. Though this time, you were a tad unlucky. I think me and Kev forget sometimes that our 'easy' marks aren't always 'easy' for others.

Paul:

Sums it up for me really. It's relaxing, fun fishing with the option to set friendly challenges that don't really matter. No one's gonna fall out over a Blenny or two now are they Paul ? LOL
Guess we'll find out real soon. It also appeals to me with it's finesse, technical aspects and, that you fish alone or in company and the enjoyment level isn't spoiled if the fish is 1oz, 1lb or 3lb. Size, numbers, species are nice to acquire but not necessary. Real, roots down kids style fishing.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
yip i agree paul its a proper laugh mate i love it i get so exited and giddy

lets have an LR effing good time (cough ahem). hands up i admit it im a sado

1 - 5 of 5 Posts