The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any experience of these reels, spotted it on ebay last night and thought it was going for a bargain, so managed to get it for £38, in mint condition.

I have a Shukan and Rod Bar 270 (just joined the red rod club, thanks Nick :-D), would this reel be a good match with these?

Thanks, V

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hey Vaughan. Hope all's well.

Is it the smaller version of one of these: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewquant40boca.html

Looks good! Amazingly good for £38!!! :)

Very powerful reels by the looks of it. The 30 size weights 13.4oz which is a little on the heavy side but should be fine with the Rod Bar!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ben, yes thats the one. I have read that review and it looks cracking, but I was wondering if anyone has had any pratical experience with it over a reasonable amout of time, using it specifically with braid and targeting bass on lures.

If it performs as well as the review suggests I will be a very happy man for the £38 I have just spent. It's been a very good week so far, as my Rod Bar arrived this morning, hopefully will be christening her at a hot spot of ours later!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts