The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having spent this year using a 9 ft Daiwa spinning rod, and only fairly recently laid hands on a 'proper' lure rod for the first time, I 've decided a lure rod is the way to go.

The obvious contenders are Teklon Concept, Sakura Rookie and Savage Bushwacker. This is the kind of budget I'm looking at.

Another rod I'm looking at is the Quantum Crypton Shotgun. I've searched this forum and found very little information on it. Do you have any views on this particular rod and it's merits relative to the other contenders?

Of the four this is the only rod I can wiggle before I buy as it's stocked in a newly opened dedicated lure fishing shop nearby. I popped in there a couple of weeks ago and met the owner, a really helpful and nice guy and I'm keen to support his new venture rather than buy online....

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Del welcome to the forum. Why dont you pop up and see Ben in St Merryn ? he has a vast selection of rods there for you to pick from. Good luck

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Mike - Think he was talking about Ben :)

Del, I have the rod you're talking about(LH 240). It's done everything I've asked of it pretty well, from sp's to patchinko's and it's landed me a 7lb Bass. For the price, I've been happy with the performance. It's got a nice short handle, which I do like for working lures.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Have to say thank you to you all, I've learned a lot from you more experienced lure men.

Quite right.... it was the new shop in St Merryn. On my budget the Quantum rod is the only one they stock..... How does it compare to the others listed?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi Del. Good to see you on here and to have met previously. Won't be long til we have some Rookies and others in too, so if you're passing any time soon, pop your head in the door and well see what we can sort out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts