The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well seems as i starting out my first full year of lure only fishing i have been considering entering with entry level gear and seeing how it goes if i realy take to it then i will replace it and upgrade after the first 12 months.

Any views on these reels i used a mates the other day and i found the drag and action to rival my stradics. And at the price they seem a bargain also they balanced a teklon 802 very very well in my hand.

no matter how much i would love a AFAW rod and rarenium no point spening this money until i find i have really taken to it which i feel i probaly will though then i could pass these rods to the kids to start them off. and upgrade mine.
Appreciate any feedback

tight lines all

·
Banned
792 Posts
had a look in the classifieds section already?
Some nice offers for used and new tackle there.
No comment on the Incyte. Quantum cabo PT is a word, but they also have a wide range of "cheapo" reels.
Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Thomas thanks for that mate i have looked through the classified section and noticed a couple of things i have seriously considered though i still get confused on weights etc. Looking for a rod that will handle sp's and hard lures though light jig heads also.
Did notice bushwackers though wasnt sure if they are heavy enough for longer lures patchino's ect and bend minnows ect surface poppers?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi thomas thanks again for that mate, seriously considering one i was reading up on one last night.
What is the 7ft version like to cast all day i was using 6ft rods on canada for northern pike and char . salmon speckled trout ect and loved them. what lb braid would you recomend for them? i did see you have 8lb powerbraid?

If i rememebr rightly 8lb powerbraid is the equivilent to a much higher breaking strain? something to do with knot strength not line lb age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts