The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only really posting as I find blank reports as useful as catch reports...

Fished the beaches next to the marina on the reef for 1 up & 1 down..

Good quality of water, pockets ranging from 12" to perfect gin clear visability.... No brown water, only a mild greeny blue...

No fish... got into a pattern of 15 casts per lure (I only carry 15 plus a couple of softs) and not a sausage, surface no, shallow no, deeper no and the bottom....NO...

That won't put me off this week though, got some time off work to have a proper stab at the Bass, just got to find them!!!! lol

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Good call on the location, always worth a few casts.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dave, gonna fish the afternoon ebb on wednesday and perhaps tomorrow morning but I think I'm gonna try a little bit further east... I try to fish with my eyes open and usually see some kind of activity be it birds working, schools of fry, flashes in the water, splashes on top but this morning was devoid of all life, even the cormorant fishing didn't appear to have any luck... Maybe it's a sign, perhaps the fish have become nocturnal feeders in the cold water? Perhaps they haven't had enough time after the brown water to come back but I would've thought with the amount of food flying around (broken up mussels etc) that fish would been there, perhaps therein lies my answer.... too preoccupied with stuff in the water to bother with my nice shiny lures???

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Robert, I would look west of where you were fishing, lots of reports around at the moment, I would be targetting the gutters at the bottom of the shingle-No names, but you should be able work out where.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts