The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant.

Weird how some of the most interesting ideas that you'd probably never think about yourself seem so obviously good when other people mention them. Like the 'spot' idea!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Keith Dave and Callum

Them's as can- does. Them's as can't, talks about it...!

Thanks for taking care of Dan- he has been practising casting all this afternoon whilst Westerlies blow across the sky.....

best

Neil

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Keith Dave and Callum

Them's as can- does. Them's as can't, talks about it...!

Thanks for taking care of Dan- he has been practising casting all this afternoon whilst Westerlies blow across the sky.....

best

Neil
Casting in close quarters and confined spaces isn't usually associated with sea angling but...

With LRF and HRF you'll both find 'pitch' casting quite useful in a number of situations.

Trying to put a 10g jig into a bucket at the end of the garden from 3 or 4 rod lengths is quite a task.
But so worth it. You'll learn to judge your working drop for swinging those weeded lures to hand really quickly too.

Success is often hidden in the detail.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Cheers Keith an Callum -

Picked up a few good tips yesterday, which helped me with lure control, retrieves + Leader Knot! - sussed the slim beauty knot for my leader which lasted my whole session today for a change, prefer it to the Albright , seems a very good tough knot - and after seeing callum from a distance getting Dan and Neil out of a couple of snags with a knack, I didnt loose a lure up north in rough ground today and only lost 2 in tough stuff late last night, all other hard in snags popped out nicely using it - wish I knew about that few weeks ago as would of saved me a few jigs/lures , also a few more things made sence after having chats with you both.

Me an m8 Kev have been sussing a lot out lately after reading, trying and mixing ideas - but always good to hear and see from others also.

Neil and Dan - hope to see some catch reports soon , who's will be first :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cheers Keith an Callum -

Always good to meet with others, picked up a few good tips yesterday , which helped me with lure control, retrieves + Leader Knot! - sussed the slim beauty knot for my leader which lasted my whole session today for a change, prefer it to the Albright , seems a very good tough knot - and after seeing callum from a distance getting Dan and Neil out of a couple of snags with a knack, I didnt loose a lure today and only lost 2 in tough stuff last night, all other hard in snags popped out nicely using it - wish I knew about that few weeks ago as would of saved me a few jigs/lures , also a few more things made sence after having chats with you both.

Me an m8 Kev have been sussing a lot out lately after reading, trying and mixing ideas - but always good to hear and see from others also.

Neil and Dan - hope to see some catch reports soon , who's will be first :)
I taught him all I knew...bids between 10 minutes and 3 years...but he is a lucky boy growing here in these waters and with a lot of advice and support available. He is quicker, hits a ball faster than me, plays guitar better than me. So maybe we should just go with a partnership ethic... but if I do catch first, you'll hear all about it...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts