The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you Plymouth boys, I went very local.3 hours after low tide,dark,waders on.I had just had to re-tie a new leader on after a bad wind knot,I nearly didn't bother,but I'm glad I did!
I started with the 6'' sluggo with 10oz jighead that worked yesterday,but it was too snaggy,so I swapped to to a weightless sluggo rigged weedless.Now as i've mentioned the rod I thought I needed just isn't any good with lures so at present I'm using my £7.00 Lidl telescopic,rated 20-40grms!
Anyway, it did the biz tonight. You know the score,cast countdown,when bang!I was hardly moving the sluggo and this fish walloped it.I managed to haul it to the shallows where I thought s**t! It's dark,I'm alone,tiny head torch and my phone is buried in my coat.Anyway apologies for photo.Since getting home I measured the rod and the fish was around the 65-70cm mark.
I had to spend 10 minutes with my hands in the water to nurse him back to life ,but thankfully he powered of before the frost bite set in.
Needless to say this is my biggest fish and it was awesome! photo-2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Brilliant stuff.

Some will tell you what you achieved is impossible but we know different eh ;-)

10oz jighead though ? not really very sporting LOL.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Excellent Danny, love it!

Just shows, when it's dark, the fish doesn't know you're not holding a tenryu ;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Just ace Danny, thats warmed me up!
Cheers,
IAn

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cracking fish Danny, well done!

Is it an estuary caught one, if so, even more well done.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful Bass Danny,
Doesn't matter what rod you have unless you get out and fish. Well done for sticking it out. It was freezing last night.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Lidl rod is only a stop gap Andrew, a new one is needed.
Pack some sluggos for tomorrow though! Nice and slow.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done those sluggos do the biz!! Your a hero bloody freezing at the moment, cracking fish in those conditions Who needs Tenryus and Van staals lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts