The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quick 2hr session on the Pike last night. They seem to want different things on different days - & i'm trying to figure out why. So far, i've been able to present something to them that they want on each occassion. Last night, the successful lure was the Megabait Charlie - an s/p Swimbait.

As soon as i switched to it, i landed a Pike of around 3lb on my first cast. I didnt bother taking a pic, and just got him back into the water ASAP. A short while later, i saw a large shadow move up behind my lure, a big golden flash, and "FISH-ON" !! Definately felt a heavier fish, and it put a really good bend in the Injection.

Lyn kindly netted it for me, and it weighed in at 8lbs, which is a new pb for me in that particular lake. I'm still looking for my first double out of there, but i'll find one . . . . . .

I had numerous other knocks & follows, and Lyn even managed to hook one, but lost it by giving it slack line - she's getting there though.

The highlight for Luke, was when he cracked-off his JTS. I used a trick that i 'think' Ben mentioned on here. I got a tangle of line out of my bag that i'd kept, attached it to the hooks on my lure, and casted it at the lure that was bobbing down the lake. After a few casts, i managed to snag it !! Happy days !! Luke was delighted, and I earned a few 'Super-Dad' points !! :rofl:

I'm enjoying these short sessions over the lake. I know that it isnt exactly 'extreme' fishing, but it's bloody good fun, and i'm still learning more on each session :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done, Si - good family affair and FPO bonus points accrued for the season ahead! Did you weigh it with the boga? We never weighed any of our fish at Bosherston many of which were similar or bigger (judging by the pics) to that one, so it's interesting to get a reference.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you weigh it with the boga? We never weighed any of our fish at Bosherston many of which were similar or bigger (judging by the pics) to that one, so it's interesting to get a reference.
Thanks!
Yep, weighed on the Boga, in the net.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Looks like there is a good head of pike in that lake - do you know how big they run to? Lovely bright colours on that fish too. The Injection is "rod-of-choice" now isn't it? I'll give you £50 for the Super-Mix!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like there is a good head of pike in that lake - do you know how big they run to? Lovely bright colours on that fish too. The Injection is "rod-of-choice" now isn't it? I'll give you £50 for the Super-Mix!
Very good numbers of Pike in there. I'd say lot's in the 3 - 5lb range, a good sprinkling in the 7 - 8lb range, and i'm told that there are 20lb'ers in there. We'll see over the coming weeks no doubt. Deffo not the numbers of large fish that are in Bosh, but not a bad option 5mins from the house.

As for the Supermix, if i dont start getting more use out of it, it may have to go.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
The highlight for Luke, was when he cracked-off his JTS. I used a trick that i 'think' Ben mentioned on here. I got a tangle of line out of my bag that i'd kept, attached it to the hooks on my lure, and casted it at the lure that was bobbing down the lake. After a few casts, i managed to snag it !! Happy days !! Luke was delighted, and I earned a few 'Super-Dad' points !! :rofl:
LOL, glad it worked for you too mate! Bit of a lucky find that tip - saved me a Tide Minnow 200 on its first outing!!

Good work on the pikeys!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Si its cheating using a jumbled ball of line!!!! Apparently skillful anglers can retrieve there lures without any assistance first cast!! and the supremely skilfull anglers can retrieve SP`s from the bottom!!!! apparently!!! lol ;-)

nice sesh again!

I was thinking of you when i was doing it :D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
nice fish mate. I bet that was fun on the injection!

Can you fish in these places all year round? I've defiantly got to come and have a go and hey, who knows I MIGHT even catch something....................

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice fish mate. I bet that was fun on the injection!

Can you fish in these places all year round? I've defiantly got to come and have a go and hey, who knows I MIGHT even catch something....................
Some lakes have close seasons, others are open all year round. The bigger water that we were fishing a few weeks ago, is closed until around mid-June (not long now), and that is stuffed with BIG CROCS !!

If you come over, we'll organise a little Bumble for you !!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Simon,
Great session, great to hear it is all the family out together.
Won't be long before you get your double.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
The way you are getting to grips with that water you double there won't be far away !

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Nice one Si, another great report and pic.
As the guys say good that you get the whole family in on the act, top job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts