The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have much time today before dark, the daylight has been better of late, but often is this time of year.

Went down for a few throws with the softs and a couple of casts with the suspender as well.

the wind made it very difficult, it's really come up and gone NW this afternoon which didn't help when I had gone west as it was supposed to be NE. Bloney weather men...

I had a couple of hits within the first few casts and eventually hooked up:

21NovWrasse.JPG

Wasn't that dark but the flash went off.

He went back no problem.

few more goes at this mark saw another rockie steal the last of my bubbling shads so i went hard and had a few chucks of my rod to see if there were any bass lurking in the surfline, lost a good unseen fish at this mark last time there but the water was lower this time.

I started to get a soaking as the tide moved up a bit so I had to head for shelter on a SE facing mark, still on the west coast, closest I could think of and not ideal and also not fished in a long time.

Started hard and soon went soft as nothing came along and then started to get rockie takes on the bottom slow retreive.

I then hooked a very small pollack through the belly somehow and next cast big take and fish on, for about 5 seconds til it realised it wasn't hooked to just bit the lure in half. He hung on so long I thought it was hooked, but no, it was just a greedy rockie didn't want his lunch getting away!!

And then it got dark, really comes fast this tome of year so I wondered back to the van and home.

Better than a blank but wanted a bass really.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts