The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Bass to the 'Dead and Shake' Xlayer (Peach & Pepper) this afternoon in what was about a 1.5 hour trip with Callum. I lost 1 better fish and feeling the bites in the head on wind wasn't the easiest but a 10g rig on 10lb braid allowed me to at least have a chance.

Callum missed a few good bites too. Strangely, no Wrasse but the first bite I had did result in a chopped in half soft lure so I guess there were a few around.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I always miss out on some good fishing, its all pollocks.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Other images will be on the blog later this week as there are more night Bass to blog first, and Wrasse, and Pollack...

Unreal really.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Keith, what sort of ground are you fishing this tactic over? Surely tackle losses are very high with a 10g jighead over very rough ground?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't loose any gear today.
You just learn as you do more and more. It used to be a 2 dozen jig head session per man to fish such area's.
Now, most of the practiced guys lose maybe less than half dozen a trip even in harsh boulders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.