The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out for a quick session with Ivan this evening. Didn't get there til half 9 but the swell looked good and the tide, although dropping and already much lower than I'd have liked, things looked pretty fishy. Starting in the first little bay we got to, I explained to Ivan what the rocks and waves were doing below the surface, and then explained how I had NEVER caught a fish from this particular pool - despite having caught hundreds from the stretch it sits on! With that, I left him to finish setting up and headed down to the water.

Chucking an xlayer on a 3g head in to the whitewater, 5 seconds had passes and my curse was lifted as I struck in to a schoolie that banged in to my bait as it dropped after a shaking lift. How can Ivan believe me now that this pool is usually so fishless?! I think he mentioned bull**** at one point - perhaps at some point after my second cast when 10 seconds in, another schoolie grabbed the same bait following a tiny skip across the bottom! By this point Ivan was also fishing and was also in to a littl'n after a few casts on his lucky Smith Saruna.

After a few fishless casts we then headed for the usually slightly more prolific fish holding pools and gullies around the corner.

Unfortunately the reasonably decent swell was making things difficult. A touch smaller and I think the fishy looking White water would have produced, but it wasn't to be. An hour in, after some exploring where I just showed Ivan how and where to fish the same stretch should he return later in the week, we were back to where we'd started. This time though, the pool did look more like it's usual fishless self. The receeding tide didn't allow the waves to enter and churn things up, so the last few casts here also proved unsuccessful. Overall though it was a productive little scouting session for Ivan especially. We'll be back tomorrow to make more of the high tide.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Ben, I enjoyed reading :-D

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Good report Ben. In terms of blanking I'd blame Ivan. When we went out together recently he made me blank.....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno, I was quite happy with the 2 quick fish to be honest. Glad Ivan caught too.

Meet up at some point this week John if you're free?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts