The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not done any fishing for a while but had the chance of popping out for a quick session yesterday. Fancied a go at the wrasse.

I headed up to a north coast mark and it wasn't long before I was in. A constant (slow) retrieve got me this one.

Caught on a 3" DOA shad. Pictured, released. Weighed 3.9lb (note to self always take a bag when trying to weigh wrasse, was not easy)

and back to the fishing.....

Then I had this little fella. A touch bigger at just over 4lb. Caught on a homemade brown x-layer (cheers Andy).

The session went a bit mad for a while with quite a few wrasse landed. I had another one just over 3lb. The odd thing about this fish was, that it was dark! I thought I was onto a big bass until I landed it. I've never had a wrasse in the dark before.

Hometime.

Then popped out today from 3:30pm till dark. This time hit the south coast and was targeting wrasse again. Had 4 wrasse in an hour and was getting taps every cast. Nothing big but great fun.

Cheers

Pizza time!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great session there Ritchie, well done mate :p

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
How have I only just seen this...?

Brilliant session Ritchie, couple of beauties there. Kudos on the coffee camo coloured jacket, though did you not freeze your elbows off?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Didn't recognise you for a moment then Ritchie. Has someone nicked your (now world famous) red jacket? Great fishing by the way.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Didn't recognise you for a moment then Ritchie. Has someone nicked your (now world famous) red jacket? Great fishing by the way.
wasnt the just out the salon hairdo a giveaway? ;-)

Fair play m8, nice to see some big wrasse coming up - hope u not be chasing no title and maybe bursting young lukes bubble now eh!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts