The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped dowm the harbour for a couple of hours, learnt two lessons tonight, slower and deeper. Firstly all the wrasse pouting, pollack near the surface were too eager to snatch at the lure and tended to be quite irrate in relation to the lures presence. Where as the deeper the take the more defined it was, only fish landed was taken right under the bow of the condor 10 cat which has been moored up for a while now.

So in relation to the smaller surface fish a smaller lure, (- 2") is in order, as tonight they were def snatching and grabbing before moving off.

So the million dollar question is what sub 2" have anyone used and with what technique?

Thanks Mike

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
LRF? I had a few whiting just sub-surface on a Keitech Swing Impact 2" earlier this year Mike. Carolina rigged with a size 4 barbless nipped through the nose, slow retreive.

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LRF? I had a few whiting just sub-surface on a Keitech Swing Impact 2" earlier this year Mike. Carolina rigged with a size 4 barbless nipped through the nose, slow retreive.
Anything smaller Tim?

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
I haven't tried anything smaller Mike, though I got some trout bait from Tackle-Mart that come in a jar of stinking gloop I'm meaning to try... I'm sure I remember something in the LRF section a long while back, I'll have a look.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
So the million dollar question is what sub 2" have anyone used and with what technique?
Yama****a worm bake. Carolina fished danish.

Don't ignore the smaller Reins range at 2" because cross sectional profile is just as important as length sometimes.

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keith, whats the danish bit? Had another successful session tonight, more little bits learnt:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts