The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fri evenings aborted mission due to wind and weed.(thats conditions not problems with my digestion!) i decided to have a couple of hours this morning. It looked promising when i arrived overcast with a good sea running and large piles of weed dumped on the rocks( instead of floating in the water!!)
3rd cast i had a follow, 4th cast im in ! This fish is not best pleased and takes off at a rate of knots, runs down a narrow gulley and throws the hook :-(damn and blast says i (or words to that effect) anyway a couple of casts later i land this little fella http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/sbroad123/bass 2010/ and his mate. no more photos though forgot to charge the camera doh!
20 mins pass with no more offers so i decide to try for a wrasse on some storm crayfish on a 5gm jig i landed 2 around the 1.5 to 2lb mark but missed way to many bites .think i need more practice at this hrf lark:-D. by now the tide was on the ebb so after an interesting wade across a not so shallow gulley (those waves are bigger than they looked :-o:-D!!!) im standing on a rock casting into white water breaking over a shallow reef. as soon as the feed shallow landed it was taken by a small bass and quickly followed by another, before another slightly better fish grabs hold shakes its head and spits the lure back at me ,im starting to think its one of those days or come to think of it seasons !
any way good couple of hours fishing and things seem to be picking up at last.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Steve and a great report :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Steve! Good work on the HRF as well!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That sounds like an excellent short session to me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts