The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ventured out with Derek Buesnel around Seymour resulted in 7 fish all around the 2-2.5 lb mark. Not as good as we expected with nice sea conditions but a smallish tide. All fish except one were caught on swim senkos, the other one caught on a redgill.

The surface lures did even get sniffed at.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Alan,was out where I normally see you yesterday.Had 9 bass and 4 pollock.All bass caught on a red gill and fished close to the bottom.Bass were same size as yours.

Seems 2.5 lbs bass are the only size about at the moment???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you are right Steve but Derek who I was fishing with yesterday lost a bigger fish when his hook straightened out on his Jig Head

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes you are right Steve but Derek who I was fishing with yesterday lost a bigger fish when his hook straightened out on his Jig Head
Bummer,not many of those around at the moment,fingers crossed for the remaining months.I always maintain nature looks after itself and a lack of bass... is one of those ways!!!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Kevin,
I am betting it was in a gutter through which a significant volume of water drains!!!
Bigger fish are here locally, but not up and about chasing large bait (yet), but feeding in as lazy a manner as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts