The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post to say a huge THANK YOU... to all involved in the original setting up of the raffle and all those that contributed to making this a weekend never to be forgotten...For all the right reasons :-D:-D:-D

The main man being **** Ward on the day shift with Bob Jameson, Alan Aubert and Derek putting us on the fish when the fishing was supposedly not great at all.
On the night shift Keith and Kevin White Took us to some really unbelievable grounds along main gutters on the Lunar landscape that is the Jersey foreshore and by far the best "Take" that I have ever experienced Bass fishing and will never forget.
I hope that everyone knows just how much Iestyn and I appreciated the amount of time they gave us, the warmth with which we were welcomed and the great fun we had fishing with you all.

Not forgetting the lovely Doug and even lovelier Nicola who looked after us at Mrfish.

Thank you all.....:-D:-D:-D:-D

Unfortunately because of the day and night fishing, the lack of sleep and then having to travel to Aberdeen last night the full report from my perspective will be a couple of days in the making.

Suffice to say Iestyn and I had a fantastic weekend .... All for a £10 raffle ticket unbelievable:shock::shock:

·
Registered
42 Posts
top marks to you Trev for also venturing out into the unknown - this will really give us plenty to reminisce on when we're out on the cold dark beaches through winter!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Great to meet both of you and take you out fishing.Lets hope **** is organising next years raffle to raise funds for a great forum

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Trev - you are one jammy sod when it comes to raffles (this is one I am majorly jealous of!) but glad to see you made the most of it. Looking forwards to the main report....

·
Registered
340 Posts
After talking/fishing with you on monday it was obvious you 2 got value for money and enjoyed your trip over here - bargain for £10 :)

Shame we didnt hit into any wrasse on last day, always good to be out tho but at least you both had some good results over the weekend, boat and shore!

Trev you really should try and make the Bass Fest - but no bringing any top notch B**t with you! (except a few small pkts for me)

Thats 5 off the forum this week that have enjoyed there trips over and been well looked after!

After speaking with you about it, will defo be up for a mainland bumble sometime next year

look forward to your reports

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Three Land Rovers came off that ferry before yours Trev, there was I like a Jersey weirdo, welcoming tourists to the island by waving like Forest Gump at any four wheel drive that drove off the ferry!! Great weekend, and we got to eat in Nicola's favorite resturants too!! That Portuguese place is no frills but lovely food eh. I look forward to your full report whe you get a chance mate. Welsh bumble next year is a defo for me.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It was great to fish with yourself and that welsh bloke Trev. LOL

Iestyn was really unlucky because on night 2 he was fishing the bounced plastics through runs like a veteran. Like I explained to him, and to anyone reading this post, embrace your previous fishing skills and in Iestyn's case, that is Sea Trout fishing. Once the light bulb AND the gear was modified (he used a much thinner line on session 2) the transformation was amazing.

The look on Trev's face as he bumped his first Bass was classic and then, a few slow, dead slow in the current turns of the handle later, he was into a real rod bender. We assumed it was a BIG un.

As it panned out, the fish had hit the plug but then rolled over lassoing itself. At least Trev got a great fight out of it.

I taught him how to slide a plug along a seam line before we moved onto a little choke further down the gutter. I was rigging an Egi to play with the cuttle but Kev and I suggested the guys wake plugs in the now rapidly falling water and wait for the switchback of the current.

Within 1, maybe 2 casts I heard an explosion in the water, no Trev hadn't dropped one subsurface but it was game on....

Trev can describe the rest but, moments like that are moments to savour, and I can guarantee, he won't forget that Bass for a very long time to come.

I'm really pleased that the weekend panned out for the lureforum raffle winner and the effort put in by all was great. It shows that Jersey guys can pull together and deliver the goods when it counts.

I totally enjoyed the whole of last week but 6 X 9 hour all nighters was probably bordering at the limit of human endurance when fishing throughout the day too.
It's the price you must pay to experience (these special moments).

Cheers guys and see you next time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts