The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing last night and lost a good fish 6lb+, when I got the lure back I found one of the front treble hook pints had snapped off.
Has anyone else had this happen and what would hooks would you recomend to replace them.
They are to be a great lure and cast well but hooks are rubbish.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I was fishing last night and lost a good fish 6lb+, when I got the lure back I found one of the front treble hook pints had snapped off.
Has anyone else had this happen and what would hooks would you recomend to replace them.
They are to be a great lure and cast well but hooks are rubbish.
Thats really bad luck there mate.
Why not try the Decoy hooks,I have been using them for a while now and they are very good.
The VMC hooks are also very good and strong but personally I like the 'bend' of the Decoy ones.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Tis a shame because I actually quite like the hooks on these. I thought that they were VMC's in fact?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yea they are VMC's I think, Strange cos I caught one of these on a rock a few weeks ago and I pulled and pullled but couldn't straighten the hook with 30lb braid. I didn't want to lose it so I waded out up to my arse and managed to unhook it. When I did the hook was fine! A little bit blunt but nothing a quick sharpen couldn't sort out.

Maybe just a weak hook? Or maybe i'm just a weed but i've straitened out the hooks on my Zonk before when I got that lodged on a rock. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts