The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new smaller reel and will be looking to buy around Christmas time.
It will be 2000 sized and cant decide weather to go with the Shimano or go for the Daiwa Fuego (tempted by the Daiwa).
What do you all think ?:-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
It will be 2000 sized and cant decide weather to go with the Shimano or go for the Daiwa Fuego (tempted by the Daiwa).
In the true spirit of giving different answers to the question asked . . . . . how about a 2000 Certate :wackit:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I have both reels in the 3000/4000 size and to be honest there is very little between them in regards to performance.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I think when you see the Fuego you'll want a 2000 as well Sam. I've used the 2000 for all my LRF so far. Got 2 of them.

Saying that, I had another spin on the new Certate last week and fell in love all over again. I use a Steez mostly but the Certate felt on par.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the true spirit of giving different answers to the question asked . . . . . how about a 2000 Certate :wackit:

I knew the Certate would be mentioned,and it would go very nicely with my Branzino:wackit::wackit::wackit: but I dont really want to splash out that sort of lolly.
Am starting to weaken,,,,,,,,,,,No I mustn't.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I have a Fuego 3000A and a new Certate 2500R, and the Certate is a lot more reel IMO.

However, the Fuego is a lovely reel .... very light, smooth and comes with a spare spool. Not seen a Rarenium, so cannot compare those two.

I thought you were a Daiwa man now!?

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Fuego 3000A and a new Certate 2500R, and the Certate is a lot more reel IMO.

However, the Fuego is a lovely reel .... very light, smooth and comes with a spare spool. Not seen a Rarenium, so cannot compare those two.

I thought you were a Daiwa man now!?
I think it has to be the Daiwa (weakening for the certate) .I knew this would happen..........

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I think it has to be the Daiwa (weakening for the certate) .I knew this would happen..........
I now own three of the Certate 2010 (1 x 2500R and 2 x 3000) and have just pulled the trigger on a fourth in the shape of the 2000 sized reel.

It is a stunning piece of kit worth every single penny I paid:wackit2::wackit2: :evil::evil: :-D:-D

I got all my Certate's from this place.

http://www.digitaka.com/list.php?icid=111

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have a 2010 Certate 2500 and it is the muts. I am awaiting delivery of a Luvias 2004 for my LRF, as another Certate was too much money at the mo. Will let you know what I think of it when it arrives but they are popular in Japan.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nick,

The Fuego A is a great reel but the Luvias is the next generation and therefore I would suggest a better buy. It is available in Europe for 309 euros which at today's exchange rate is £262 for the 3000 size..

A dark horse is the new Van Staal 150 which the US sites are now starting to advertise and show availability at the end of this month for $399 or at today's exchange rate it would be comparable at £247.

Choices are becoming more difficult especially when you have the reliability of the Rarenium although the Fuego A is on a par.

Good luck with your choice and just hope that **** does not have the one that you want in the raffle on the 21st!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Did anyone go for the PE spool models?
I have ordered a Luvias 2004, the same spool size as the Gekabijin LRF specific reel. Apart from the shorter handle they are very similar. £50 quid extra for a shorter handle and a different paint job though? Not strictly speaking a PE spool (100yds of 4lb mono) but similar size.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts