The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to invest in a 2500 size reel for the teklon 702. These 2 are leading the way for me at the mo.. anyone seen the 2 and have any thoughts about them??

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Ry for next year I will be looking for a 2500 size reel and have also looked at the Rarenium and also the Daiwa Certate (new model).
I am leaning towards the Daiwa as I also have a Branzino which is amazing.
Only 12 months ago I would have automatically opted for the Shimano but now its these new Daiwas thet I look at first.
The Rarenium does have a great reputation though and people 'rave' about them.

·
Banned
792 Posts
have the 4000 cl4 Rarenium. Very light, very smooth. Will have to show what it can do end of sept. in DK fishing for Seatrout with my shukan...

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I have 4000 & 3000 sized Rarenium's. Superb reels. Both going very strongly, with no complaints whatsoever. In fact, im thinking of getting another.

Not familiar with the Daiwa model you mention, so unable to make a direct comparison.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. i know what you mean Nick.. the last Daiwa i owned was 15 years ago when i used to carp fish.. i think it was a bite n run and it was [email protected]!

Rarenium this year i think then a daiwa next time round!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I think they're pretty different reels to be honest. There's not much of an argument against the Rarenium with it being so lightweight. The Daiwa will be heavier, but is also a fair bit cheaper. Both will be equally reliable and it's probably only a consideration between preferred weight to match the rod (getting the lightest reel you can find isn't always the best thing you can do), and the particular feel of a Daiwa (smooth, solid) or Shimano (loose/free spinning).

The Rarenium is probably a better reel, but if you took one step up with the same price difference, I think the Daiwa Tournament Airity would be a better reel than the Rarenium, so in every case you pretty much get what you pay for I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts