The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, it seems like only a few months back that me and Kev were arguing over whether we'd get the Zaltz with 0.3 or 0.4 PE braid.

We decided to go 0.4 PE Varivas Merabu Light Game. That rolls in at around 6lb and, we have both used it with great success for Pollack and Bass amongst other fish. Not Wrasse !! YET. Wouldn't on purpose unless we KNEW they were all sub 2lb rock piglets.

So...

Where are we at ?

**** has taken a giant leap by getting 0.3 and 0.4 PE Light Game.

But...

I didn't know he'd also ordered in some PE 0.2 8 carrier 75 meter spools of another ilk.
I just had to look didn't I ?

Urm, look being the operative word. It is insanely THIN ! Even Keith, unsurprised by most tackle these days was stunned. It is just incredible really.

Obviously, this is NOT a full blown Bass line.

I wouldn't hesitate to use it LRF at 0.2 PE. Why ?

Because it is still 6lb BS !

These super thin PE braids are going to be awesome for 5g and less all up.

Where will it end...

I can't imagine what line technologies are around the corner.
I've just sprayed 50% of my floating braids with PE Spray. I've read it helps stop water getting between the braid and dirt etc won't stick. I know salt clings between the strands if you don't rinse or, soak the braid in freshwater after a trip so hopefully, this PE spray will do what 100% silicone has done for us with mono.

The latter really improves things so, fingers crossed.

I've gone and lost the end of that damn braid now on the carpet ! need to tie a leader on...
Ah well, finger combing time...

LOL.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Just loaded some of that braid and I am amazed at how thin it is! LRF this week I reckon Mr Le Blanc. I know where we can get a ready supply of small wrasse over cleanish ground BTW mixed with GGreys, lightning permitting.....

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Free tonight and Thursday night Paul.
Lets do it.

Did you get 0.2 PE ?

P:S

Is that mark the land of the setting sun ?
I quite fancy that.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Would you consider going so low for bass <3 lbs on flat sandy environments without rocks?
I definitely would mate. Great fun.

And if I would then I'm sure the Jersey boys would too. Set your drag right and off ye go.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I've just sprayed 50% of my floating braids with PE Spray. I've read it helps stop water getting between the braid and dirt etc won't stick. I know salt clings between the strands if you don't rinse or, soak the braid in freshwater after a trip so hopefully, this PE spray will do what 100% silicone has done for us with mono.
Keith ... what PE Spray do you use on your braid and where can you get it from please?

If you haven't got any spray, do you simply remove the spool from your reel and leave soaking in freshwater? If so, how long would you recommend?

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keith ... what PE Spray do you use on your braid and where can you get it from please?
Varivas. I got mine from ****. he's really embracing this kind of stuff and when we are spending upwards of £50 on some braids..
Look after it eh.

If you haven't got any spray, do you simply remove the spool from your reel and leave soaking in freshwater? If so, how long would you recommend?

Thanks
Nick
Before we had this spray, soaking, not rinsing keeps the lines in pretty good condition. PE sprays apply a coating that stops water getting between the strands.
Feels even silkier after it's been applied too.

A bottle might do your spool, 30 times ? so even 1 every trip or so might see the average guy use 1 a year.
For us...perhaps a bit less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts