The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Komomo 2 has been my best catching lure so far this year - sadly not all bass with the majority being pollack and mackerel.

Thinking the Hooks where looking a little tired decided to change them with Owner ST46 Size 3 In RED same as the originals just different colour.

Since doing this have not caught a single fish. Coincedence I hope but am begining to wonder.

Anybody else experienced this or have any opinions on RED Hooks

·
Registered
540 Posts
To be honest I cannot say with 100% certainty that red hooks do increase/decrease hook-ups. What I will say is that when I have dead-baited for pike, perch and zander in freshwater I have used red trebles and have complete confidence in them and catch rates have been consistent. Similarily I have replaced quite a few of the front trebles on my saltwater lures with red hooks to immitate gills/bleeding etc and again catches have been consistent, I have confidence in the concept/idea of doing this so think nothing of it!! lol.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
My best fish of the season so far, was caught on Red Hooks. So, unsuprisingly, i am pretty confident in them :D.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I agree with Iestyn and tend not to worry. I'm seeing more and more examples like Iestyns and people replacing a front or middle treble with a red one to target the bite. It's different to changing all three but the point is that it's not putting fish off. I have plenty of lures with red hooks and loads of the spares I use are actually red too :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi Steve,

strange tale but I recognise it all the way.
A couple of year ago i used a silver Toby 20 grams, I caught realy a lot of bass on it.
It was an old spoon with lots of marks an scratches on it an a rusty treble.
One day i lost it.
No problem, i bought a new one, wrong, i caught no bass at all on the same (new) spoon.

I know, a silly story but thrue.
Maby confidence has something to do with it

My Komomo 2 has been my best catching lure so far this year - sadly not all bass with the majority being pollack and mackerel.

Thinking the Hooks where looking a little tired decided to change them with Owner ST46 Size 3 In RED same as the originals just different colour.

Since doing this have not caught a single fish. Coincedence I hope but am begining to wonder.

Anybody else experienced this or have any opinions on RED Hooks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts