The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small reel 1500 or 2000 size, maybe even 2500 to go with my 6ft rookie 2-7g and also for use with a 7ft esox spinning rod that casts 4-15g for the chub/jacks/perch

Budget is anything up to £80 max, I dont want to spend a fortune.

Anyone know of any bargains? I dont want an Exage, I just dont like them.
I did order a Penn affinity 2000 from fleebay for under £60 but when it turned up it had no spool, shame as the reel looked alright. The listing said it would have 2 spools, waste of bloody time. Dont want to shame them as I havent got the refund yet.

Anyone know anything about abu reels?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have had one for about 6 months now and cannot fault it. Ben F had suggested it a while back, so I took the plunge and it is now cemented to my LRF rod. I love it.

Daiwa Caldia 1500

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I use the abu soron stx 40 which is like a 3500 size,its incredible for the money...totally bomb proof.Just bought another at the weekend as a spare.I rate it higher than my shimano.There is a smaller size,the stx 20 which might be what your after.I got my spare soron for £75 new at the weekend,if you like will inquire for a stx20.
cheers daz

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes please Darren! If they can do a stx 20 for that price I'd definitely be interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hi chad,just phoned malc in my local and hes going to try and order one in the next couple of days.Ill pm you if i have any joy.
cheers daz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts