The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the Bushwacker XLNT 7ft 10 - 30g. I have tried my Daiwa Exceler plus reel (4000 size) and it feels far too heavy it weighs 405g. I have been looking at the Shimano Rareniums as they are highly recommended and was wondering what size would best suit this rod. I was looking at the 3000 and 4000 would like to have a spool filled with 8 or 10lb braid and one with 30lb for the rougher stuff if possible but not sure if the 3000 would handle this. Would be appreciated if anyone could shed some light. Also just wondering what sort of weight the Bushwacker XLNT 7ft 10 - 30g can take ie. when lifting a fish from the water as they seem very thin, Thanks.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
My lad has the older 7' Bushwacker and uses a Shimano Exage 2500RB which balances perfectly. I think the Rarenium 3000 would be a good match as these are lighter than the Exage.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I use a Certate 3000 on my older style BW. Be careful though, dont lift out fish with the rod!! Grab the line, let out some slack and handline it if you have no net or Boga.

The older one does have some backbone, I have skulldragged a couple of angry rockies from their rocky lairs with mine, so I am confident it'll handle silver of a decent size.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I have the old one. I'll try both the 3000 & 4000 Rarenium's on it tonight if you like, and provide some feedback ?

At the moment, i have the 3000 Exage on it, and that is a nice combo.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Ok, just tried the 3000 & the 4000 Rarenium on the 'Old' 7' Whacker.

No contest - the 3000 is stunning on it !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts