The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

ok just taken delivery of my new plugging rod a Teklon Concept 802ml which feels very very nice (cheers Henry) and i can't wait to try it out soon but now i'm thinking of a new reel to accompany her :D

So i'd like your help and advice to point me in the right direction,i have a budget of around £80 so please help.

thankyou :jump:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
JasonBradley said:
Hiya

ok just taken delivery of my new plugging rod a Teklon Concept 802ml which feels very very nice (cheers Henry) and i can't wait to try it out soon but now i'm thinking of a new reel to accompany her :D

So i'd like your help and advice to point me in the right direction,i have a budget of around £80 so please help.

thankyou :jump:
Hi Jason,

not sure if you have been welcomed yet, so Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here, I purchased a Comormoran Black Star 9PIF 3000 late last year and it cost 90 quid and would recommend it for the money. I think Cormoran are owned by Diawa.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Yep, i've had a good look at that reel on Steve's set-up. Lovely compact reel. Nice bit of kit, and certainly an option to put on your short-list (looks sexy too).

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Here is the reel in question, try and find one in a shop and have a feel of the quality, I truely think Cormoran are starting to up their game, they have some amazing bits of kit that suit our style of fishing really well.

Look at these Branzino copies, they seem amazing on first impression, and only £50

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here is the reel in question, try and find one in a shop and have a feel of the quality, I truely think Cormoran are starting to up their game, they have some amazing bits of kit that suit our style of fishing really well.

Look at these Branzino copies, they seem amazing on first impression, and only £50

The cheapest I can find the Black Star 9PiF at is 110 euros. Can you do them for £50?

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
The Black Star (top pic) is £90 (going up about a tenner within the next couple of months) and the Black Master (bottom pic) is £50, they are both (supposedly) designed for sea fishing too, time will tell I suppose but fingers crossed they do the job.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I could be seriously tempted by the Black Star! A reel will be one of the next things on my list!
May be in touch soon about a Black Master as well ****! My step-brother is keen to get himself sorted so I've told him that if he gives me £200 I'll get him everything he needs! Thinking Cormoran rod and reel! May even write an article about my findings to dismiss the theory that you have to be loaded to get yourself sorted.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I've just bought a cormoran AXOS 12PiF

I would have turned up my nose before I fished with Paul B's cormoran outfit.

This model is alot of reel for the money.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
****, I'm very interested in that blackstar.... But, does the handle feel as "plasticy" as it looks mate?
James.

The handle is fine, I like the feel of it !!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
both great looking reels for the money what sort of drag are they set to

·
Registered
11,810 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have been reeeeeally interested in them for a while actually - for the lighter stuff. 234g is super, super lightweight. I believe that these actually made for the salt, so would be keen to hear about them if and when anybody tries one out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cheap saltwater reels?

Hi guys,

I had a look at the Cormoran website and it doesn't mention that the Black Master is saltwater proof. Can any confirm if it is designed for saltwater use? Any other suggestions for 2500/3000 front drag reel that is designed for saltwater, preferably in a similar price range (£50)?

Tones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.