The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after all of the deliberation i will be getting both the injection and supermix 210, reson for the 210 is i like 7ft rods over 8ft personal choice and slightly lighter than the 240 which suits what i fish more than anything else.
Anyways opting for a rarenium 3000 or 4000? was thinking of a 3000 as will be using either yamamoto or diawa tournament braid so nice and thin. Then i could use this as my lrf reel to match the ulx also.
with brain on the spare spool save buying more reels than i need yet.;-)

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Mike if you want to go down the Shimano route then I would go for the 3000 size on rods like the 210 that are under 7 foot.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I have the 3000 Rarenium on my Injection. It's a lovely combo. Just bear in mind that the 2500 is the same size & weight as the 3000 but with a bit more line capacity. If your goint to use it for LRF, better off with the 3000, if not, maybe more versatility with the 2500 :?:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Im quite happy with a Stella 4000 on my injection (weighs in at 295g I think)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I have the 3000 Rarenium on my Injection. It's a lovely combo. Just bear in mind that the 2500 is the same size & weight as the 3000 but with a bit more line capacity. If your goint to use it for LRF, better off with the 3000, if not, maybe more versatility with the 2500 :?:
Same here. Purrfick.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers guys looks like the 3000 it will be then in that case in due course i will pick up a 400 0as well tough i have just recieved the bill for the visa for my missus to come back here, £3800 in total!! bloody ridiculous she has lived here for over 20 years leagally.
Anyways thats another story thanks again guys 3000 it is then.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi mike,

I use a Two different reels sometimes with my injection. Shimano Sustain 3000 and Daiwa MT Branzino 3000 both suit it fine, the Branzino weighs in at 280g not sure on the Sustain but 3000 Shimano seem to suit the injection.
The MTB is far more smoother that the sustain and holds more line, I also pair it with my RLSD and works great too. Hope this helps

T

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mike - have you considered the new Certate, I picked a 2500 up from Ben Field a couple of weeks ago and am really pleased with it, more refined than the Rarenium's I've got as well as having more waterproofing features and balances really well with in Injection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts