The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may as well copy and paste yesterdays report although I was outfished by Derek today both using exactly the same white homemade lures. After going out fairly early we passed **** and Bob when **** had just taken a very small Bass(as far I could see). We received advice from **** telling us that hard plastics were the way to go.

Moving on we ended the day with 11 bass and we lost a number of other fish before they got to the boat. Weights ranged between 4.5 bls and 2lbs

one of the fish being netted (note the special lure)

Derek showing off one of his fish

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
I hoping - 'cos I've spent a wad of cash on Jap Shinies - that they were the winners. But I love the irony of the home-designed stuff :-D

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
No they didn't Alan. I was the third man and we had a ball. **** will fill in the details.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Nice one yet again Alan.

How many fishing trip do you guys do a year & how many fishing hours????

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
AHHHHH!!! I havent got the lead for my camera here so I cant put up the great pictures and video of today. Well Alan, Paul proved to me and Bob that softies do work, we were all on two fish each, Paul had a 6lb 4oz though!! Then at the end of the day as you and Derek went past us on the way home, we were fishing some lovely old ground we havent really done this year, and after us all hitting and dropping good fish, Paul winkles out two clonkers on a Sidewinder, both over 5lb, I recon the second one was over 6 but we photo'ed it and got her back quick. I will put up the pictures and videos tomorrow. Great day with great company.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well done **** to you and your Crew sounds great we did not see you on our way back are you converted to soft plastics and start selling off all your hard lures. I will be recycling some of my Jersey Wonders tomorrow that have split after a few fish. Give us a PM as to where you were

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
No big secret Alan we were near La Collette, Nipple Rock, La Mondine and Greve d'azzette. The swell was awesome on the incoming tide, white water behind heads, confused seas, it was alive. I hooked one or two that I would like to have at least seen, I think Bob and Paul did too. Paul nailed the two nice bass at the end of the day exactly where him, Bob and me where all casting, Bob and me on Zonks, Paul on a white Sidewinder, the softie kicked our ass good and proper.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The swell did really pick up as you say we lost a few good fish as well that we did not see mostly at the back of reefs where the swell was coming in. Not out today so it is all yours if you are going

1 - 20 of 21 Posts