The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a template for a zonk bib? thinking about going to maplins and buying some circuit board but need the template for a zonk bib. I can then repair one that has seen better days.

Im sure I saw somewhere that replacements can be bought....... but cant seem to find that info now..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Makes you wonder why Megabass don't sell replacements or even include a couple of spare ones with each Zonk! I would love to buy one to try but I can't bring myself to buy something that is reported to be so fragile. Shame really.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Gary when they get broken its down to the abuser not the lure !!! I got Zonks that are over 2yrs old and all well used. Never busted a bib on one yet !! and yes i have bounced them off rocks as well caught plenty bass on them , only thing i have had to change are a few trebles .

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was giving the said lure some serious abuse in heavy swell dragging it over boulder strewn reefs, amazed it stood up as well as it did tbh. cant fault em tbh. and the great thing is the bib is easy to replace.

Andy that template is awesome.

gonna draw it up in AutoCAD now to scale and print it to paper then xfer over to the PCB will be micron perfect then.

Andy what do you use to cut the PCB, and do you coat with any laquer / varnish after installing it?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Bob, I know you fish into open water so nose down when they hit a rock the pressure is from the front. The bibs don't break that way. They break coming back up beaches and through kelp etc where the bib gets pushed up from the tongue underneath it, not down against it. Usually when there's afish on and it's rolling upside down in the shingle and sand.

Pick up any new Zonk and gently lift the bib up with your finger. You'll see it's not really glued to the clear tongue underneath. Apply a blob of glue here before you use it and they will last a lot longer.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just created a A4 page full of them in PDF format with a scale along the bottom if anyone wants a copy. should print off fine if no scale settings are applied.

How do I attach a file to a post?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Not broken one yet and i have abused several Zonks in my (way too big) lure collection but that template will be very useful i am sure - thanks Andy.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
...(way too big) lure collection...
Wash your mouth out young Walker! Never enough lures!!!!!!!!!! :muttley:

I've never had a problem with a Zonk either to be honest.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
You can get proper carbon fibre sheet - may last longer than PCB? http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Departments/Carbon-Fibre-Sheet/Rigid-Sheet.aspx

I would attempt to seal the edges to stop water ingress ... you could experiment with a larger bib for deeper diving?
Oooo alex, getting all excited with that stuff.

Just a point to note, you can make the bibs bigger or smaller, they do work but you must be VERY acurate with a) cutting and b) glueing. Get it wrong with a big bib and it will roll over and over. Trust me I've tried it.

Try doing a blue peter on one too, anything goes with a zonk ....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks like darth maul zonk.

what would be best tool for cutting accurately? will a stanley blade and a straightedge work or will I need a dremmel.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gonna give the pcb a try. will try using a dremmel and see how it goes.

I should think the most taxing part is sticking the bib on square and level.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know where to get Blank PCB? i.e. without copper layer? like on the zonks...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts